Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the strip with friends this friday. Had a blast. Was my 1st time lol. Only got in 2 runs bc right as I was about to go for my 3rd a truck crashed n they called it a night. Driver was ok just made a mess.

1st run (didn't do a burnout....MISTAKE lol. wheelspin like no other)

R/T .698
60' 3.777
330 8.476
1/8 11.926
MPH 72.58
1000' 14.818
1/4 17.254
MPH 92.86

I didn't do a burnout bc I have brand new tires up front. After that run I was pissed bc I'm fairly certain I should be runnin 14's pretty easy. Talked to a few of the guys I was there with who coached me up a bit. Did a burnout this time. Here's run 2

R/T .683
60' 2.546
330 6.614
1/8 9.919
MPH 75.24
1000' 12.729
1/4 15.107
MPH 95.02

Needless to say I was MUCH happier with my 2nd run lol. In the video I'm racin a 08' shelby. He only beat me by a length. I'm fairly impressed with my car on that stand point. lol. Anyways lemme know what yall think. Goin to get tuned/s300 this week then goin to the track again friday or saturday. wanna see 14.5-14.7 range.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
The dude in the GT500 could not drive for shit lol. I hit low 13s in my GT and with tires I should break 12s.

You did pretty well for your first time though.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dude in the GT500 could not drive for shit lol. I hit low 13s in my GT and with tires I should break 12s.

You did pretty well for your first time though.
Lol ya I know. There was a 2011 shelby stock puttin down 12.95's and better all night. Thanx tho man. Next time out Im gonna try treein a little different. Some guys gave me some pointers and like I said there was an accident and I didnt get to try em out lol. Super stoked tho. It was an awesome time

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
That looks pretty good for your first time out, what was your best 60' time? On street tires you should be able to get it down in the 2.1-2.3 range, and generally for every .1 you take off the 60', you get .2 at the big end.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That looks pretty good for your first time out, what was your best 60' time? On street tires you should be able to get it down in the 2.1-2.3 range, and generally for every .1 you take off the 60', you get .2 at the big end.
my 60' was a 2.546. Im gonna work on my launch next time out. Should be able to get my 60' down that way

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
dont do a burnout with street tires. Especially if you go through the water box. Go around the water box, spin the tires JUST ENOUGH to get the dirt of them. Do NOT heat them up.

was expecting a little higher trap considering the "power" you made.

do you have any weight reduction?

dont focus on your reaction time. Instead, become a better driver and figure out what combination its going to take to get your 60' down.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Lol ya I know. There was a 2011 shelby stock puttin down 12.95's and better all night. Thanx tho man. Next time out Im gonna try treein a little different. Some guys gave me some pointers and like I said there was an accident and I didnt get to try em out lol. Super stoked tho. It was an awesome time
Yeah no sense in worrying about how other cars do at the track. Two runs is not enough to get a good launch practice.

The Shelby must be on street tires as it is mid 11 second car stock with tires. 10's and 11's can run low 11's with tires. After a certain amout of power it is pointless to go to the track on street tires unless the driver is very good.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oops, sorry man, in the video your car looked like a Civic. I don't have HD here at work, so that may be why. I'll look again. :oops:
lol its all good
dont do a burnout with street tires. Especially if you go through the water box. Go around the water box, spin the tires JUST ENOUGH to get the dirt of them. Do NOT heat them up.

was expecting a little higher trap considering the "power" you made.

do you have any weight reduction?

dont focus on your reaction time. Instead, become a better driver and figure out what combination its going to take to get your 60' down.
Ya me too. Like I said tho it was my first time ever goin to the track so i was pleased runnin a 15.1. As for the burnout I dont actually do a burnout. More so just turn em over a bit. Basically once i can hear the tires chirp i let off. As for wieght reduction I have a CF hood, PS/AC/CC Delete. Thats all I can think of off hand. To get my 60' down i'm gonna work on slippin the clutch a little better and also launch on the third yellows instead of the green. Also gonna lower tire pressure slightly. Any other tips suggestions? Btw when i'm out there idc about the car next to me. I'm just there to get my times.

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
no need to lower tire pressure. a street radial tire is not designed to run on low pressures. When you under inflate the tire, it distorts in it a way that you will only be running on the outside of the tire instead of the full tread. You dont want to get the tires hot. do it just enough to get the rocks and stuff off your tires so you have a clean contact tire patch.

the lights and your reaction time has nothing to do with your ET or 60'. That time only matters in heads up racing and bracket racing.

my last advice is to take first and second right to the rev limiter before shifting.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IDK if I have a rev limiter atm. IDK what tune is on the crom eECU. When I get my S300 tho I will be able to

G

·
That's pretty much how I shift mine, except I shift out of 1st at 7000rpm. I take all other gears to 7200rpm-7400rpm.

My best is 14.6 @ 95.6 on 17's with Toyo tires.

As mentioned before, it just takes a bit of repetition and dialing everything in. Having fun is the most important thing.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ill post video and time slip info again. Thanx for the info. I'm goin to get my car tuned tom morning so ill post dyno vids n results from tuning. I'm super stoked

1 - 20 of 70 Posts