Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally had my first "Real" race today. Me and my brothers friend decided to race. so we went to the nearest highway, we started off on a rolling start of about 40 since there were cars behind us... to make a long story short, he beat me. It was my first race and i was pretty nervous. He was driving a 94 civic with a couple mods and I was driving my pretty stock prelude. The only reason he beat me I think was because I started off in third gear and he started off in first. I didnt know it was better to start in first. I had never been in first gear at such a high speed, so it didnt really seem rite. I still had ALOT of fun. Im not too experienced in street racing, so it would be cool and you all can leave some tips and tricks. THANKS

·
Registered
259 Posts
What generation prelude do you have? We preludes here DONT lose to civics, lol jk it was ur first race. If I was doin 40 in first my engine would go boom.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yeah 1st at 40 is like suicide... even if it was at 6K RPM it would be better to be in second around 4k RPM so then you dont hafta shift right away...

but not bad for your first... i still havnt had a real set up race... but plenty stop light to stop light-ers

·
Test PipE MasTeR
1,488 Posts
no but really we dont lose to ne kinda of civics ive beaten the 06 si's so come on bro

·
Registered
458 Posts
dang, keep it in 2nd next time. i think at most i'll keep my 1st gear up to is like 25-30 mph,

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
was that civic swapped with a b16 or b18? LS-VTEC or something? Heck a 5th gen auto lude should take that civic, unless it was swapped.

·
Registered
123 Posts
mcentral said:
... Heck a 5th gen auto lude should take that civic, unless it was swapped.
:shock: :shock:

·
Registered
708 Posts
that boy needs to learn how to drive, how the hell can you be going 40mph in third gear?

thats city driving

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
Wait! What kind off civic. your car better be an automatic! We don't loose to civics man. you better get a rematch!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Reminds me of the time I raced an S2000 and started in 3rd gear at 55 and my cam doesnt REALLY wake up until 4K rpm. I was so pissed that he kinda hung with me :(

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
N/Apower said:
Reminds me of the time I raced an S2000 and started in 3rd gear at 55 and my cam doesnt REALLY wake up until 4K rpm. I was so pissed that he kinda hung with me :(
get over it!:tongue:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Now that I'm technically without a vehicle I've been driving the Evo IX daily, and let me say that NOBODY wants to ever go from a dig. It doesn't help them any since I demolish them from a roll too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts