Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it was around 6 on my way home from work and i was in the middle lane with the CC set to 70 MPH when a lowwered RSX with exust de-badged with some nice wheels goes flying past me doing every bit of 90 plus. I thought well heres my first chance to see what the Lude has and i gave chase. I caught up to him quick and looked down and i hit 100 MPH to catch him and before you know it i was on his back bumper. I pulled up next to him and it was a younger kid he was mean mugging me lol and he wouldn't go so i just got in the other lane as my exit was coming soon thinking he didn't want to race. Well as soon as i get over he gets behind me and is riding my bumper hard so i down shift take off and he right with me, but i started to pull away and when i was a full car on him he gave up. Mind you my car is stock besides a header the last owner had on the car and that RSX had atleast a exust on it. Now i can't say if it was a RSX-S or just a RSX he took off the badge, but i was happy how quick the Lude was in stock form.

By the way there was little to no traffic on the highway during this and i'm not much of highway racer just wanted to see how quick the Lude would be and due VS a RSX and i was very happy. Now i can't wait to start fixing her up making her ever quicker!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not bad, i posted something similar and caught a lot of crap for it :p oh well have fun and watch for those undercover cops!

Well i made sure there was no heavy traffic and the highway i take home is a long strech thats flat. Like i said i don't race much at all just wanted to test the Lude out

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Hell yeah. RSX's never bite when im fishing... heh the only time ive gotten a race was some dude in a F250 or somthing was driving slow, i went to pass in the other lane and he sped up trying not to let me pass him.. he got owned though haha.. But nice run always good to let the lude scream sometimes. :emthup:

·
I <3 Retro's!!!
263 Posts
nice race man, be safe while your doin that and i'm surprised everyone hasnt started sayin B.S normally thats what they do.. cuz they dont know how to drive and dont win races vs. certain cars so automatically no one else can. but nice job

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Now i don't know if it was a RSX-S or not, but why would i lie? If he only had a fart can and lowwered he wouldn't be pushing much more HP than me plus i have more trq and we already were strting off at 60 plus MPH

Just looked up the HP of a base RSX and its only 155 HP and the S is 200 HP so i bet it was just a de-badged base RSX, but who knows

·
Registered
366 Posts
a stock rsx type s and a prelude h22 5th gen is a drivers race at least however the RSX responds very well to bolt on mods exhaust headers intake etc. so it if was a type s it probably would have pulled a bit harder i hate how easy it is to build up and rsx for good results preludes you gotta pay to play to get anywhere really dont get me wrong they are fast out of the box but sometimes there not fast enough

but a base RSX is no competition they get mopped all day

1 - 8 of 8 Posts