Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • I own a 1982 Honda Prelude that has been sitting for quite a number of years next to my house. I took it in as a project car about six months ago and finally had the time to fix it up within this corona virus time. I’ve done a carb swap, changed every fluid, made sure the engine ran correctly and all but now I’m stuck with a chain in my gas tank. To clean it my friend thought a chain would break the rust up and yes it did but now it is stuck within. I’m stuck at that part but am working to figure something out. If anything I wanted to see if there still were avid first gen drivers out and about with the prelude.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m very happy to hear that then, that’s truly awesome that there still are people out there. I got that chain out of the gas tank, last step is to put her back on and I’ll be on the road. Hopefully I can post pictures, please do keep me updated on how it goes. I’d love to hear all about it :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey all, I’ve been meaning to post for weeks now about the condition of the vehicle . I got it through emissions with the Weber 32/36 Carb on with little problems, had to replace the Egr valve but with that it passed with flying colors. It is such a joy to drive this beautiful vehicle , I’ve done many fluid changes with the transmission and engine it self to keep it all strong and good. So far not many troubles, I do get a bit of interference when shifting from 1st to 2nd. It’s rather rough from time to time, and feels a bit odd in the back half of the car. The carb needs adjusting from time to time but it always runs beautifully and the overall tone it creates is smooth. It overall feels smooth, so beautifully smooth. I’m planning on keeping this vehicle alive for the rest of my life, when the time for big jobs come within the engine and transmission I’ll do so accordingly. There is not much aftermarket support on the 82 Honda Prelude but there still are some things to do to make it nicer. I’m in the middle of putting In a stereo, I’m rather lost with wiring but I think I might have to hook it up directly to the battery. Upholstery is another factor I’m focusing on. I really want to do a engine swap one day, I love the build of the car and the baby power it outputs but to have the body with a powerful inside would be beautiful. Sorry for the Long post but I had to give an update, never give up. Even when it gets hard. It took me a full 8 months to get to this point, it might take time but in the end.... it’s worth it. It’s so very worth it:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts