Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty sure this is my first thread ever on this site. My name is Seth and I recently purchased a 2001 Honda Prelude Type SH. First, I found it on craigslist and knew from the beginning it needed some work. The only con really out of the entire post was that the crank pulley had been welded to the crank... After about 2 weeks of driving it welded and crooked, the crank seal gave out and it started pissing oil. Instead of buying a new crank pulley and crank, I found a h22 on craigslist for $400. I pulled parts that I needed from the other motor, put a timing belt on it, corrected the balance shafts, new water pump and seals, and put a crank pulley on it that was actually held in with a bolt. All was good for about a month then I developed an idle surge... I checked it all or had thought, IAC, FITV, vacuum leaks, and adjusted the idle. It wasn't until today that a co-worker and I found that the intake gasket was bad and was letting in false air. So my next step on the journey is to replace the intake gasket and stop the obnoxious surge. Thanks for your time, I will do my best to keep everyone up to date on Monica!!!:smilejap:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I'm going to give you the bad news now; that intake gasket is going to be a bitch. You need to remove the ATTS to get to the bottom bolts of the intake manifold.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome to the forum and nice car, The person whom welded the crank pulley on should be shot. I dont understand why people have to half ass stuff like that. Look forward to updates.

Kris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts