Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok well i bought my 91 back in july of 05. it had some serious rust so i did what any lude lover would do. cut the cancer out everywhere and rebuild her to new heights...so i trimed off 9 inchs across the side panels on both sides and welded new metal in its place and grinded it sanded it til it was all sexy. then bondo more sanding more bondo more sanding bla bla bla. then i did the same to the gas door rust. not to bad i cut about 5 inches wide and 2 inches high.

i then shaved off the back emblems. my friend was supposed to do the front but thats another story...so i just welded new metal in the spots where the holes were and i bondoed and sanded them up....then i primed the car....

i also painted the rear tail light i sanded it down with 320 grit and then i painted it with primer with 1 LIGHT coat to insure stickage and then 2 more nice clean coats...

the car was sitting in my friends garage all winter where he "was doing work to it" i did 90% of it myself and i dont think he did more much lol...but whatever...he did make it alot smoother than i had.

heres some pics...after it being painted in my friends garage. there is some orange peel which will have to be wet sanded. but all and all it came out good and the paint is very glossy not sure about this digi cam tho not the best shots...

as for the suspension....some sexy strut bars(thanks to mustard cat)i got all new kyb 2's new eibach pros new inner and out tie rods new ball joints. new sway bar links(thanks to mustard cat for the back ones!) i also had some frame damage due to my friend hitting a curb prior to all this so i then swapped the sub frame....let me tell u thats a bitch! took like 5 hours. then the steering wheel wasnt turning my boy forgot to tighten the colum. but we fixed it no biggie...i will have more pics when i put the wheels on. i have 4 sets for her not sure which i will use...

·
Registered
119 Posts
HOLY SWEETNESS!!! looking nice bro!! im diying to have mine painted yoO!
I like it that way with no emblems.

Arent you supposed to be in PR?? haha!
Cheers!

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea. i have some lining up to do. i think i just need to ajust the screws. its bothering the shit outa me. but i am goin to a bbq. i also painted my fog lights yello....the housing...i know u would like that luderican! also i should be there my bday was on wed. but my girl and i split up she whooped my ass for fuckin some crazy bitch who went back and told and bla bla bla lol...but i promise i will get there! i also just fouind out i get 2 weeks vac. this yr. so i may go twice!

·
Registered
119 Posts
oH God! we men are dogz!!! haha!
let me know when you coming down. keep up the good work!! you almost have a dealership

·
Premium Member
17,737 Posts
Interesting... the fitiment on that rear lip looks really bad, and something about the skirts don't look right either for some reason, like they were cut to far up underneath.

How come the front lip wasn't painted with the rest of the car? Were the rear and sides painted with the rest of the car?

I'm diggin the badgeless trunk though

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,349 Posts
That looks really good with the center section painted and emblems shaved. I like it...

--J

·
Registered
750 Posts
um...sorry man.

it looks good for being painted in a garage. but i think you should have got it painted at a shop.

i absolutly hate being negative but im not going to lie to you.

i like the shaved centre piece. reminds of this really nice lude i see everyday...mine!

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,349 Posts
Yeah. It looks like the front lip ate shit a couple times, which I guess it understandable.

This thing was painted in a garage!? It looks pretty good for a DIY job. I think it does, anyway.

--J

EDIT: God dammit. I meant I guess "it is" understandable. Ah, you all knew what I meant.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
yea when it was primer it wasnt showing as much as now. i still have to wet sand and i will see what i can do about the skirts. i have an extreme front i may put on next weekend or maybe get a new lip and keep it black i already scraped the shit outa this one...i need to put my 18s on. heres some pics of the wheels...

i hope they fit.

or these if the chromes dont work

·
Preludepower Member
2,656 Posts
WOW.

It's looking 100% tit. :emthup:

Dam man. Now it is a moral imperative you come to the meet...
:)

Go with the white J, all white Lude...sickness!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yea i may go white. i was gonna paint them blue. which i may still do. maybe paint em black not 100% sure yet what i wanna do. i am gonna put my old ones on and get it aligned make sure everything is straight b4 i fuck up my yokohamas there not cheep....

also i did a full custom exhuast. 2.5 inch all the way back and chikara headers high flow cat. and apexi exhuast...but i am have a rattle from about 1500-2200 rpms i think its the plate in between the exhuast and the car. i will go under there when its not raining and check it out. any1 else have that problem?

·
Premium Member
1,717 Posts
Looks nice, man, my lude was also painted in someones garage, not in a paint booth. If they know what they are doing they can make it tight! NO one can tell my lude was not done in a booth unless I tell them! :) Looks like you need the hood adjusted and some work on the skrits. I think they look nicer moulded like mine cause you dont see the seams and stuff but then you have to worry about them cracking. REAL nice over all man!

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol i know its ghetto but it was way cheeper and i got good paint. the car has 2 coats of white and 3 clears. the first clear is mixed with blue. not realy enought blue but whatever....

thanks for the compliements and sug. i will be puttin the front that chris.nl has on his car. and i may get skirts. i like the back how it is. my red lude has erbruni skirts. but i dont realy like them. i think the front i have will match the skirts better. also i will be putting my mud flaps back on cuz i dont need tire shine all over the side of my car...the rims stick out alot. i just put one on to check fitment seems to fit fine. but we will see when i put them all on. eibachs are only 1.5 lowering anyway so i dont think i will have issues...well i hoep not

1 - 17 of 17 Posts