1 - 20 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
I would definitly like one, a tubular mani would be better then the log style I have. My only problem is I would have to have a down pipe fabbed up and I just can't afford both. I know that company in canada charged about 500$ for there style of mani so you guys are heading in the right direction. GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Powersteering should be re-routed either via Shawn's or DankTanks re-route line for any turbo manifold as the OEM design melts quickly with the heat of a turbo.

As for A/C I don't know. I haven't had A/C in 7 years. It will have no issue with the compressor though but I'm not sure of the lines. I do have a stock set of lines laying around though so I'll check it out. We could make a setup that clears both the lines.

We can also make a downpipe if you are going either T25,T3, or TDO5H as those are the turbo's I have laying around.

·
Premium Member
16,962 Posts
Chris I would recommend starting off with the lower end model of manifolds, that way you know what your looking at as far as demand goes.

I know everyone wants, but not everyone gets. :smilejap:

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
By company in Canada I think you mean Aaron Weir...He is one of the best in the business with fabrication...For the manifold pictured WeirTech would likely charge upwards of 900.
Yup thats who I was talking about, he does really nice work

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Just an idea, but you might want to think about doing n/a manifolds. DCs are hard to come by, and the alternatives aren't horrible, but they aren't the best either. If I wasn't planning on swapping an h22 in, I'd be all over something other than obx/pacesetter/chikara as an option, and I'm sure others will agree. All depends on how cost effect you can make it.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Damn chris you made some good progress on that this week.

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
i would be very very very interested in a kit from you. i also would agree that you would be a very good vendor for this. please keep me in mind if this doesn't pan out on here. thanks

·
Registered
580 Posts
I would be interested but would like to see a downpipe along with the manifold.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Looks like some nice work, good luck. So you guys are making the entire mani. custom?

FYI, you can buy "sanitary" pipe and EL's in 304 that already comes polished ID/OD. It's a bit more expensive, but it would save a lot of time.

You're nuts to polish all that by hand:)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
007- Thanks man, I'd really love to not have to polish anything! I don't hand polish, I take surface down with a DA in grits 36/80/120/240/400/800 then give it a final polish.

The whole setup I am hoping to finish very shortly...before it snows.

Sean - we were actually going to offer a simple entry level setup as our initial offering...but not a log as nobody wants a log manifold it seems.

Thanks for the interest guys!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Like Sean said you will see a lot of interest but when it comes time for the money only a few will be able to pull it off so be careful if you do proceed.

·
Registered
9,584 Posts
Fitment might be a problem. I spent almost $1000 on all new AC parts and doing all work myself. No way I would remove it for a turbo. I might stay with NA but I do need a header & downpipe.

*edit*
A header that supports EGR and all three O2 sensor locations. Then just include O2 sensor plugs and an EGR plug. Everyone is happy, and you only need to make a single design for them all.

·
Registered
836 Posts
i would love to get in on this, but sadly, it might not be any time soon :(

·
Lude Bomber
254 Posts
Just an idea, but you might want to think about doing n/a manifolds. DCs are hard to come by, and the alternatives aren't horrible, but they aren't the best either. If I wasn't planning on swapping an h22 in, I'd be all over something other than obx/pacesetter/chikara as an option, and I'm sure others will agree. All depends on how cost effect you can make it.
x2 ^

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Id be down for the manifold pictured, a downpipe would be great but not nescessarely needed.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Awesome dude im definitely in if you do get these out. Im going turbo next year with my new rebuilt b20/b21 hybrid build.Keep us posted. Downpipe would be ideal but not necessary.

1 - 20 of 270 Posts