1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Administrator
Welcome back.

This is part of why I'm still here.

Now do I move this to OT or General 馃槀

Reactions: GFloBb6

Registered
1999 Prelude. F20B/K20A hybrid rebuild
Definitely, they do suck, admittedly i鈥檓 more active on FB, but MAN there鈥檚 some idiots and a LOT of mis-information by people that have no experience in what they鈥檙e talking about. A lot of people spread info that isn鈥檛 accurate or isn鈥檛 safe for their car. Then there鈥檚 100鈥檚 of 鈥渨hat oil do i use鈥 type questions. Or 鈥渨hich is better H23 H22 or F20B鈥 then there鈥檚 people arguing with each other all day in the comments and half of those commenters have never had/owned a jdm swap before and go based on word of mouth... Only thing good about Facebook is how quick and convenient it is but that opens up the opportunity for more mis-information by people because there鈥檚 a lot more people and opinions there. Not to mention all the side-arguments when someone reply's an opinion and someone else calls them an idiot.
I don鈥檛 get on here much anymore but when i do the people on here seem to be more interested in correctly fixing/ diagnosing/ modding their Ludes and the people replying usually Actually know what they鈥檙e talking about.

Registered
Never joined that shitshow. I'm ignorant of how much it sucks. I hear stories though.

Reactions: EVILBIRD

Registered
1993 Prelude Si VTEC
Never had Farcebook , never will ....I hope peeps start coming back here like the old days.

I belong to a Snowmobile Forum owned by this same company VS and I notice people are coming back there as well and ditching the FB groups.

Opinionated Bastard
Let's just say that the "next generation" of individuals "building" cars these days are a bit of a far cry from a decade ago. Facebook offers an "familiar" platform to ask questions on, even if most of the advice is the blind leading the blind.

Registered
Lol Facebook is just something else. Even if you spoon feed them, they will question you 馃ぃ

Reactions: EVILBIRD

Registered
1986 Honda Prelude 1.8L
I'm going to be a contrarian. I appreciate the community that is on Facebook. The second gen group is fairly activite with people who are passionate about the car. I do wish I had my second gen when this site was more activite, but I'm happy there is somewhere I can go to comment and ask questions, even if it's not perfect.

Registered
Hey blake check your PM's if you could, maybe possibly putting a F20b in my car, maybe you know some answers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts