Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a 1990 Prelude SI. The fans will not turn on when the car is running which quickly causes it to overheat. However, once the car is turned off the fans kick in and cool the car down. If i turn the car back on the fans shut off. Anybody have any ideas to what this might be? Not very car savvy so any help is appreciated. 馃憤

Premium Member
Recently bought a 1990 Prelude SI. The fans will not turn on when the car is running which quickly causes it to overheat. However, once the car is turned off the fans kick in and cool the car down. If i turn the car back on the fans shut off. Anybody have any ideas to what this might be? Not very car savvy so any help is appreciated. 馃憤
That is a common issue, you need to research that issue on the forums, all the answers are here, you just have to dig it up.

Pretty much any issue this car has had has been resolved and the answer is on here, but you must learn to research and read on a forum.
Start with the FAQs section which has almost everything stickied there.

Registered
1985 Prelude
There's a radiator and a condenser fan. Do both fans turn on? Do they turn on when you use AC?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The condenser fan is working. Only the right radiator fan turns on only when i run the ac, the left radiator fan does not turn on at all.

Premium Member
The condenser fan is working. Only the right radiator fan turns on only when i run the ac, the left radiator fan does not turn on at all.
If the left fan does not run at all, then test the fan itself, if the fan runs, test the relay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts