Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wired up my fans on my car to a toggle switch i first did the radiator fan and i ran a hot from the sensor plug and used those female plug things to plug into the sensor i ran it to my switch and the ground i ran straight to my battery then from my toggle switch i ran another wire to a inline fuse 20 amp to my battery and then i wired my other fan i took a hot and ground and did the same thing as before i hooked them to the sensor piece and then ran them to the other wires of the fan to the battery ground and toggle switch and it worked fine for like 10 to 15 mins and then they stopped working i check the fuse and it blew i forgot i left the switch on and i stuck in a nother fuse and it blew 30 amp and i called auto zone and the guy said that the wire was not think enough to handle both fans or something like that i should rewire instead of using 16gauge use 12 gauge wire and i was wonder should i do 2 inline fuses for the fans 1 for each fan pls help me

·
Registered
149 Posts
You really should use relays to wire the fans to toggle switches. This way, the thick power wires from batt to fans are as short as possible, eliminating blowing fuses and overdraw. The relay can use thin 18 gauge power wires to run to a switch. Will try to find a diagram link...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Which wires did u splice into on the radoator for ground and power black/yellow or bluishgreen wire? Which ones which

1 - 5 of 5 Posts