Honda Prelude Forum banner

What month to have the Fall Rotor Toaster

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE:
Looks like this meet will be cancelled BUT I'm planning on going up Oct 21-23 myself (in the Max though) w/ hopefully a few friends. Check out the following link for more info...
http://www.preludepower.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=20&day=2006-10-8&c=1

Calendar link will be up soon. I've already added it...

Let's discuss.

NOPI is in Sept so I figured those who do shows wouldn't want to do 2 big events in the same month.

August was a good month but October was good one too. I think in October, there will be less chances of large groups going screwing up my fun though there are leaf lookers in the area (our Oct trips have been good though in this regard...)!

October will be cooler which is good during the days but the nights might be a bit cool (I would like us to take over the camp grounds...no worries about getting kicked out etc etc). But I think we can have a campfire going and just make sure to bring warm blankets...so my vote is Oct! ;)

Looking at the Tail of the Dragons schedule, I've noticed that there will be an Evolution Owners Club of Georgia and South East Dragon Slayers Meeting on October 20-22 (they just started getting details worked out and only 4 have shown interest in setting a date). I've also noticed that the weekend before is Friday the 13th!

So, I'm thinking the weekend of 6-8 (3 weeks after NOPI...2 weekends in between). Anyone else like this date? I suppose if the EVO group isn't too big (like less than 10 or something) that we could go the same weekend. It's just the later in the month we go, the cooler it will probably be.

So, let's hear it people!

EDIT: UPDATE

OK, called the Tree Tops. Very nice lady, Nancy. She said the deposit is to just hold the houses, not a damage type thing so the 600 dep would be part of the total amount. So a total of 1500 during the season, 1200 in the off season for all 3 houses.

Also, the 25 people was a comfort thing. She said that we can get more if we need to in the houses which will help us reduce the cost even more...

Now, this October is booked on the weekends except Oct 14 (Fri is booked though) so we can do Sat, Sun, & Mon (Oct 14-16). We can get in by 3pm typically (depending on if there is someone there the day before of course).

Or, every day in November is open right now and would be considered the off season so it's just 1200 for 3 days for all 3 houses. So we could start on Fri and go through Sun. That first weekend is open and should still be 65-70ish degrees and the large garage is heated so we could hang out there at night and play or just chill inside.

Anyone for a November dragon here or should we just camp out in Oct like it seems most people want?

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Sorry man, haha i say in august.....my vacation time will be up for grabs then and ill be ready to take off by august.....I dont think i could wait another month and a half. I wanted to go this past meet, but couldnt make it due to my job. However if the date is made final then ill put down my vacation on those dates ASAP. That way im able to go. Later.

~Stephen

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This poll is for interest, you're not committing to going yet!

If you can't wait for Oct (like me), you can either do a day in the GA mountains or go with me if I go up in July (to take care of my ticket).

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
Hprelude5R said:
I hear the foilage is beautiful in the mountainous areas of NC/TN in October...
it will be packed at this time of the year.

smokies in the fall is very busy.

and all the leaves on the road hamper control.

Nov. would be good.

Daily Interlude said:
This poll is for interest, you're not committing to going yet!

If you can't wait for Oct (like me), you can either do a day in the GA mountains or go with me if I go up in July (to take care of my ticket).
is there a thread on this ticket story ?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Daily let me know when your going in july and i'll head up with you. I'm down for october or August it doesn't matter to me. Hopefully i'll be going both months anyways. :) Being back home sucks.... I loved it up there.

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK...right now we're trying to figure out who's going with me (kids wise). If the kids go with me and want to ride, I won't be going as hard. I'll make sure to make a few runs solo though...

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
flylwsi said:
i'm down...
i'm ok with a long ass road trip, though i might have to bring some subies with me ;)
Bring some...don't want to get to be as large as the Miata and S2000 groups though. They attract too much negative attention (though Hwy 28 and Cherohala skyway are good alternatives when this does happen)!

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fly, did you ever dyno your lude? I wonder what the differences are of our cars comparing a built B20 to a bolt on H22 in 3g's...

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Don't get too cocky up there. You might be able to eat most other 3rd gens but this road can eat anyone. And, at the same time, it's not all about the performance of the car as much as the drivers ability (even more so than say drag racing).

But it will be good to see what you're car can do...

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts
oh hush.
let me shit-talk in peace ;)

as for driver ability, all the subie guys tend to back off when we get on the twisties b/c they don't know their cars as well as i know mine...

i posted this thread on the forum, and some pics threads from here/honda-tech...

i really hope i can get some guys to roll down...
it'll be fun!

and i'd love some grudge matching runs...
like "beat the mod you love to hate" night ;)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
flylwsi said:
oh hush.
let me shit-talk in peace ;)

as for driver ability, all the subie guys tend to back off when we get on the twisties b/c they don't know their cars as well as i know mine...

i posted this thread on the forum, and some pics threads from here/honda-tech...

i really hope i can get some guys to roll down...
it'll be fun!

and i'd love some grudge matching runs...
like "beat the mod you love to hate" night ;)
Better save up some gas money fly, b/c that could potentially be alot of runs. :mrgreen:

Btw, I could have sworn you said your lude dynoed at 170ish. Maybe it was a round about guess on your part?

That'd be one helluva matchup against Jason's 180ish h22. The B is lighter, especially your particular lude, but the h22 has some good torque. Sure that extra room on the topend doesn't hurt either.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

1 - 20 of 42 Posts