Registered
2,423 Posts
lol first run you pull a lot. 2nd run: Did he get the jump? 3rd: good job

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol first run you pull a lot. 2nd run: Did he get the jump? 3rd: good job
first run the gsr missed a gear and the second run we was tryin to talk to the guy in the gsr and he had already started the 3 honks so we were playin catch up

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
first run the gsr missed a gear and the second run we was tryin to talk to the guy in the gsr and he had already started the 3 honks so we were playin catch up
lol I noticed. 1st run I was like wtf you aint stock or he sucks. I could hear him hit before you on the second. Torque ftw on the third.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i think a stock prelude could beat a stock gsr we have more power but we also weight more but the power should make up for it and in the 3rd was it of 20 or 40 roll

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I have raced a stock gsr with a stock 95 vtec took him by a car and half in the quarter. Also saturday night i raced a gsr with intake exhaust headers clutch flywheel i have intake and straight pipe with good tires took him by a little more than a car

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
yup thanks and btw have you posted pics of your car yet .... looks pretty clean from your avatar

·
Registered
366 Posts
i think a stock prelude could beat a stock gsr we have more power but we also weight more but the power should make up for it and in the 3rd was it of 20 or 40 roll
20mph 1st gear 4900 RPMs right at the threshold of VTEC well for me anyways but soon its gunna be 4000 RPMs for VTEC crossover....i love apexi lol

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
4th gen, h22a, i/h/e should pull a gsr by a good bit more, right? maybe a total of 3 or 4 cars? because my best friend has a 2000 gsr with jdm b18c, skunk2 catback, dc header, ebay intake and now he has a skunk2 IM because he's trying to make his car as quick as mine...

95 vtec, jdm h22a, aem short ram, ebay header and greddy catback.. i pull mad cars on him.. everyone that rides in my car thinks i got a freak motor or something :s so i'm kinda wondering about it now because my car pulls on his integra like crazy..

i guess the best way to check would be a dyno or track time, right?

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
no it is not cause of his driving skills it is cause the power to weight still favors the prelude over the gsr,,,,,,, both stock of course......the prelude damn near is as fast as a stock type r cause we have a much better tq band,, we just carry all this weight around with us,,, well a stock lude does anyway i dont lol

but it is as easy as this a h22a swapped eg pulls on a b18c1 and a b18c5,,pure and simple power to weight

·
Registered
841 Posts
20mph 1st gear 4900 RPMs right at the threshold of VTEC well for me anyways but soon its gunna be 4000 RPMs for VTEC crossover....i love apexi lol
Not to go off topic, but the VTEC Crossover is set at its optimal level stock. If anything, you'll probably lose power.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
no it is not cause of his driving skills it is cause the power to weight still favors the prelude over the gsr,,,,,,, both stock of course......the prelude damn near is as fast as a stock type r cause we have a much better tq band,, we just carry all this weight around with us,,, well a stock lude does anyway i dont lol

but it is as easy as this a h22a swapped eg pulls on a b18c1 and a b18c5,,pure and simple power to weight
"big-block" H22 > "small-block" B18 lol. Some dude said that at my local honda dealership yesterday
Torque is ftw

1 - 20 of 31 Posts