Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To start off The f23a is a obd2 engine so you will have to dumb it down to obd1. Thats why i have some f22b1 and h22 parts cause they are OBD1 from 90-95

Parts list
f23a 93-01 honda accord ex

MPT3-A1 5speed manual transmission out of a 90-93 Honda accord

H22 Motor mounts - 1funryd/
explicitspeedperformance

Traction bar - 1funryd/
explicitspeedperformance

H22 Conversion harness -1funryde/wireworx. new version is plug and play

2wire knock sensor (can wire in a 1 wire knock sensor) - ebay

H22 idle air control valve -ebay

H22 idle air control valve adapter - roske
racing

4th gen prelude injector resister box - eBay

Obd1 f22b1/h22a distributor (1 plug, not 2 plug distributor or you will have to use wireworx distributor jumper or make your own)

Obd1 ecu for f22b1/f23 or a p28,p72,p75,p06 - ebay

Blox egr block off plate - ebay

Obd1 fuel injectors f20, f22, h22 - ebay

Axles - 93-98 honda accord - ebay

Shift linkage - 93-98 honda accord - ebay

Shifter - 93-98 honda accord - ebay

Getting engine in and mounted
All mounts and traction bar will be installed after you get engine and transmission in the engine bay below the engine mounts mounting spots. The more room in the engine bay the better it is a very tight squeeze. you will need to lower the engine and transmission in diagonally for it to fit then once you got it pass where the mounts would attach to the body you can . turn it to the correct way and attach your mounts to their correct spots no needing to make new holes for mounts. The stock location will work but leave the mounts that are connected to the engine loose and the mounts on the chassie tight. as you raise the engine with the mounts attached to it and to the chassie you will need a pry bar to pry and force the mounts to line up right leaving the mounts on the block and transmission loose helps with this starting with the driver side mount then getting rear mount done and finally passenger side and traction bar installed traction bar will replace the front subframe. If using a jdm fuel rail you will have to find a way to attach or extend the fuel line to reach
View attachment 30486
Vehicle Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Automotive design

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood

Vehicle Car Wheel Hood Motor vehicle

H22 Conversion harness
Runs from ecu to and through engine bay. Mostly plug and play. Each plug/connector is labled. have to change and extend oil pressure sensor from a eyelet to a female push connector, extend knock sensor plug and swap out the idle air control valve using h22 idle air control valve and adapter plate everything else should be plug and play. will no longer need that ugly black box on the passenger side fire wall

Axles
I used a 93-98 honda accord. Fits perfect to trans/motor into stock hubs. Will have to use f22b1/f23a half shaft for driver side

Shifter and shift linkage/cable
I used a 93-98 honda accord set up. Will have to cut out a spot for the shifter to sit flush since the shifter sits down into the middle console instead of on top like stock preludes shifters do. Shift linkage needs no mods or fabrication goes just like the stock shift linkage./cable

ECU
I used a obd1 p06 ecu and it plugs right up to the conversion harness. Strictly plug and play with wireworx new version of the harness

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the F23a oil pressure and Knock sensor are longer with the harness?
Not sure what you mean by with the harness. I had to add about 3-6 inches to the conversion harness inorder to reach the knock sensor and oil pressure. The harness by itself wouldn't reach the knock sensor or oil pressure

·
Premium Member
17,268 Posts
Not sure what you mean by with the harness. I had to add about 3-6 inches to the conversion harness inorder to reach the knock sensor and oil pressure. The harness by itself wouldn't reach the knock sensor or oil pressure
I mean, the H22 swap is different from the F series swap in that there are wires that need to be extended vs they just plug and play.

·
Registered
2 Posts
MPT3-A1 5speed manual transmission out of a 90-93 Honda accord
When you said on the

I used a 93-98 honda accord set up. Will have to cut out a spot for the shifter to sit flush since the shifter sits down into the middle console instead of on top like stock preludes shifters do.

Would u still have to cut out a spot if you were to use a automatic transmission?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When you said on the

I used a 93-98 honda accord set up. Will have to cut out a spot for the shifter to sit flush since the shifter sits down into the middle console instead of on top like stock preludes shifters do.

Would u still have to cut out a spot if you were to use a automatic transmission?
That I do not know the automatic shifter might be different. I only dealt with manuals

·
Premium Member
17,268 Posts
When you said on the

You always have to cut that area to make clearances, our chassis is no the same as the newer Accords or Preludes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts