Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a line on a low miles f22b1 & just about a hole accord.
my b21a1 is on its way out, and tired.
ive looked all over but no good info on this swap.
i would like to go turbo at some point.?
reasons y or why not would be very helpfull.
the f22 is vtec as far as i know but sohc
the b21a1 dohc nonvtec, i beleave.
how much do u think ill go thew to make the work.
and is the f22 even woarth the time?

me and my 4wssi thank u again;)

·
OT HOMO
1,055 Posts
b21a1 is a dohc nonvtec.
youre right about that.
wow nice way to post some useful info there....well its expensive the same cost as the h22 other then the f22 itself is cheaper but you need all the same things.but if your gunna boost it i would say its worth it but still expensive...it has iron sleeves as compared to the frm sleeves of the h22 makin it better for boost...but my b20a5 stock beat my buddys f22b vtec 4g with I/H/E...but its all up to you. and there is vtec and non vtec f22 but they are both sohc..look up the h22 swap here and it will say exactly what you have to do....

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
plus you will need az custom mounts for it

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
wow nice way to post some useful info there....well its expensive the same cost as the h22 other then the f22 itself is cheaper but you need all the same things.but if your gunna boost it i would say its worth it but still expensive...it has iron sleeves as compared to the frm sleeves of the h22 makin it better for boost...but my b20a5 stock beat my buddys f22b vtec 4g with I/H/E...but its all up to you. and there is vtec and non vtec f22 but they are both sohc..look up the h22 swap here and it will say exactly what you have to do....
im just offering the small amount of knowledge that i have.. :redface:

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
im just offering the small amount of knowledge that i have.. :redface:
lol I have noticed that your posts contain no knowledgable information WATSOEVER.

Just swap in an A5 all call it a day.

·
blubyu
390 Posts
If your going for all out power h22, if not b20a is not a bad way to go either. With stock internals you can expect near 300 whp out of a b20a with about 8-10 lbs. of boost but really up to you.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
i've aways thought these wouldnt work due to our hoodlines, but dont listen to me im just a noob:mrgreen:
Since they're SOHC, they're probably a bit more compact.

But a a set of AZRace F/H swap mounts has them fit just fine! (If you don't want A/C)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
see the thing is the f22b1 i have is infact an unfinshed project car
for 500$ headers cam gears fuelrod stuff no title
so i can get eveything but the mounts and the ecu convertion for the 500

as of now my cvs r shot , alt. and charging system is funny. and it eats barrels of oil. power stearng lower hose need replacing.

it just seem like i should doit

any reasons why i shouldent?
besides custum mounts and computer convertion....

thanx again for your time and wizdom

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
see the thing is the f22b1 i have is infact an unfinshed project car
for 500$ headers cam gears fuelrod stuff no title
so i can get eveything but the mounts and the ecu convertion for the 500

as of now my cvs r shot , alt. and charging system is funny. and it eats barrels of oil. power stearng lower hose need replacing.

it just seem like i should doit

any reasons why i shouldent?
besides custum mounts and computer convertion....

thanx again for your time and wizdom

two ways to put the F or H block motor in the 3rd gen lude.

1) do the 'H22 swap' (which is correct for any of those motors) with the $500 mounts, and the $500 axles. lose a/c and ground clearance. (search for h22 swap...there are at least a dozen on here, it seems)

2) bolt the motor to your stock transmission and create the mounts necessary. keep a/c and ground clearance. (http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305625http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1984115#post1984115)

the first option has been done for a while, and is pretty well nailed down.
the second option is still in development and will be for the next few months.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts