Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: Well here is the quesstion i have f22a1 from '96 lude. And i also do have '95 lude with fried f22a1. Will the 1st one fit in mine 95'? Due to research there is somthin differnet.... but i dunno what. may be just some sensors and stuff......Thank you all. will cya on a road.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yes you can use both of the, in a 4th gen, BUT why?

That's a bit of a girly motor... I put one in my wife's Honda...

Look into getting an H22 or an H23, you will be way more happy with end product.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks. and yea i know that f22a1 is not that strong(actualy i workin on a cars for a while) but u see i got 1 lude with fried engine and just by accident have wrecked '96. Due to the tuff times i just wonna get car runnin with min investments. and sure its still AT, but noway illdrive it without stick :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Right on, you should be all good with the F22. I'm glad to see you are rebuilding it and not sending it to the scrap yard. good luck with it and lets see some pics as you go...

·
Registered
762 Posts

Look into getting an H22 or an H23, you will be way more happy with end product.

since the motors are dirt cheap and hella reliable, if anyone else was in the same scenario as i was when i got my F22 where money was extremelyyyyy tight and needed to get the lude back on the road asap.... $200 F22's FTW :lol:

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
These motors are a dime a dozen. Cant go wrong in search for these motors.

·
Registered
799 Posts
bumping this old thread cause im about to do a reverse swap.. i am in the situation where i am dropping a f22 as well but it's not fully working. will i need the f22a mount bracket? reason i ask is cause my h23 bracket does not fit. :/

·
Registered
799 Posts
my mechanic was wrong picked up the rear motor mount bracket from the junkyard. when i compared it, it was the same :eek:

NOW, i have busted motor mounts... :/ it's an automatic soo i'd like to get a manual tranny BUUUT cant find one..

·
HOME GROWN HOMIE
5,819 Posts

Thats quite a bold statement. Bisimoto made close to 400 hp na with a non vtec f22.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Thats quite a bold statement. Bisimoto made close to 400 hp na with a non vtec f22.
o_O have i stumbled onto something here?!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hit up Big Mike. He's in pretty tight with Bisi and can get you everything you need for a crazy built N/A F22

·
HOME GROWN HOMIE
5,819 Posts
bisi is the king of single cams. he will be building my f22 for my prelude. except i will be having mine built for turbo..

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
OP, you do know that the '95 is OBDI and the '96 is OBDII. I'm not usre what the differences are like the H22 or H23. But I would look into that too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts