Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm not sure if this has been answeres before but wondering if the f22b vtec sohc head would be a straight swap onto the f22a block and would you have tto run a different ecu or can you run it with the f22a ecu?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I'm not 100% sure but since nobody else is looking i think you use the ecu for the head. i know if you don't use a vtec ecu you'll never hit vtec. if you need the head or the ecu i can get you one for cheap

·
Type-Esss
4,714 Posts
Well, I know people have swapped the DOHC non-VTEC F22B (JDM 4g Si) head on to it with no problem, though an H22 head swap is not perfect and requires some modification. I would imagine the SOHC VTEC F22B head would match up almost entirely, though the oil return passages for the VTEC solenoid may not match up. Still, I would expect its either a perfect fit, or an easy modification. Get both headgaskets and try to match them up, if they're identical you're good to go. If not, it may require some creativity.

Only other thing I can think of is its always recommended to use the original VTEC engine's oilpump when swapping a VTEC head onto a non-VTEC block.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts