OT ****
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i thought it would fit but i know for sure now

sorry for the crappy pic but its like -5 out and its in my dark garage

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
is the f22 a better tb was it a direct bolt on as in take old tb off put f22 tb on no problum let us know what you find out

·
blubyu
390 Posts
Just curious ? how is it a better TB ? for reasons 1: money not needed to spend
2: how much bigger in size is it
3: the TB doesnt matter the manifold and the head only flow so much cfm unless you do milling and boring out of the head and IN manifold so what can be expected out of the f22 TB.
4:even with milling what are you hoping to gain 1-5 hp not really worth it IMO.
5. Maybe motto will chime in.

·
OT ****
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Just curious ? how is it a better TB ? for reasons 1: money not needed to spend
2: how much bigger in size is it
3: the TB doesnt matter the manifold and the head only flow so much cfm unless you do milling and boring out of the head and IN manifold so what can be expected out of the f22 TB.
4:even with milling what are you hoping to gain 1-5 hp not really worth it IMO.
5. Maybe motto will chime in.
hmm..all i said was that it bolts on...and i got it for free and didnt have a tb........thats one thing that makes this good is because there is some aftermarket for the f22 so we have atleast a small selection...

·
master bater
1,682 Posts
I think this was previously discussed. I dont remember the specifics but its only marginally larger than the lude TB. Yes you need to machine the intake manifold to get the best benifits from it. If one was to do some research on an aftermarket f22 TB and see how large they go that would be a substantial benifit but then again it wont make a difference unless you machine the intake manifold. For a cheap alternative TB its not a bad choice.

·
Registered
347 Posts
of course it bolts up, its almost the same exact intake mani

·
blubyu
390 Posts
Yes , (sully) I know but he had stated the he was just replacing the TB and not milling the head or intake manifold. Also that he got it for free and he just wanted to see if it worked but thanks anyway.

·
OT ****
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
f22 tb has aftermarket tbs at 68 mm and it wouldnt be too difficult to match the IM to it...my intake mani and tb will be bored out and ported and polished along with the head. Ive been reading on this and im pretty sure the h22 tb will fit too..and i know that a b18 one will fit it you just redrill the bottom hole closet to the firewall just alittle higher....

·
Premium Member
16,906 Posts
Yes , (sully) I know but he had stated the he was just replacing the TB and not milling the head or intake manifold. Also that he got it for free and he just wanted to see if it worked but thanks anyway.
Most intake manifolds are design with MPG in mind, thus they start the engine from much needed air intake.

Upgrading the TB, opening the IM will net a nicer throttle response and help aid in the small power curve the B20A has. It will only produce 1-5whp at peak but if you're concerned with peak numbers, buy a B16/civic.

The H22 has seen 12 or so whp with a better IM and stock head... hmmm

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 15 of 15 Posts