Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I'm normally in the 3rd gen section but nobody over there seems to know the answer so I figured i would ask u guys. I have a CD5 Acorn with the f22b2 SOHC non-vtec for my daily driver. My question to you guys is this. Would a cam out of an f22a4 fit in its place. The reason I'm askin is a friend of mine has his old stock cam and will give it to me to use as a core for a regrind. Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated. If this made no sense, let me know and I'll try to clarify

And yes, I know its not a lude but the motor did come in the lude so I figured somebody would know

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump! anybody know?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally. somebody answered. Thanks a ton bro. you know if there are any differences in performance between the stock cams? (as in before they are re-ground?)

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
a 90-93 accord f22 heads have bigger ports, get that head in a junk yard and put a cam in that.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Agreed. As far as stock cams, the F22A6 cam is going to be the best.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats good to know, but I'm sendin in the a4 cam for a regrind. Anybody have any suggestions as far as who to send it to/ what to get. Im goin for good N/A power in the 2500 to 5000 rpm range maybe higher.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm pretty it will, the other day i took apart a f22a4 and it had everything identical as b4 so it shouldn't be a problem unless your going to H series and all that mumbo jumbo.
If anything go on honda-tech.com and the prelude section had a Manuel that took the motor step by step.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts