Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to swap f20b from accord SiR from my friend to my 1997 BB9 prelude instead of getting h22a5 and was searching for topics on main problems about swapping it in. I found out that f20b don't have crank sensors and people had problems turning on their cars after the swap. Sadly I couldn't find any more info about it. So I have a few questions.

Will I get same problems as others if I have F20B ECU and all the harness.

Is the swap BOLT ON from F20A4?

Is the F20A4 obd2 or obd1 in 5th gen prelude?

Will I get immobilser problems?

Since I will use the F20B JDM ECU it is limited to 180km/h max. Is it possible to remove it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Oh wow. I thought this was a joke but I guess it did happen. That would be like a b20a5(3g usdm ludes) coming in a 5th gen. I'm of no help but would like to extend my condolences.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
In many world markets, there are higher taxes on anything bigger than 2.0L. That's gotta be a large part of why Honda built a 133hp 5th gen.

Again, no help, sorry.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh wow. I thought this was a joke but I guess it did happen. That would be like a b20a5(3g usdm ludes) coming in a 5th gen. I'm of no help but would like to extend my condolences.
Why do you think it is a joke? It's basically a h22a but destroked and I got the full F20B for 500usd from my friend. Almost same specs like h22a5 just less torque.

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,274 Posts
Why do you think it is a joke? It's basically a h22a but destroked and I got the full F20B for 500usd from my friend. Almost same specs like h22a5 just less torque.
I think the joke is surrounding the fact that Honda built a Prelude with a wheezing, archaic Accord drivetrain for the heart.

F20B is a good replacement for your situation, especially considering taxes.

Is it a bolt-in swap? I would hazard to say absolutely not, considering that you're coming from a single-cam engine with completely different wiring, sensors, and sizing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the joke is surrounding the fact that Honda built a Prelude with a wheezing, archaic Accord drivetrain for the heart.

F20B is a good replacement for your situation, especially considering taxes.

Is it a bolt-in swap? I would hazard to say absolutely not, considering that you're coming from a single-cam engine with completely different wiring, sensors, and sizing.
I've looked up and mounts can be used from h series engine. I have all the wiring harness, ECU also. I need to calm my thoughts on crank sensor problems.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
It may be hard to find that answer on this forum since I think all 5th gens in North America were H series, and that's probably where the bulk of users on this forum are from. I don't know but you may have better luck on an Accord forum.

I am not a swap expert but it seems to me if you use the F20B's ECU with an F20B, I don't know why there would be a problem. The computer would see all the sensors it is looking for, right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts