Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do f and h series motors bolt in the same in a 4th gen? so if you can swap a h series into a 3rd gen couldnt you swap a f series? ive read that you can get an f block, put an h22 head, and some k20 internals and it makes 240 horse. so would an f series block bolt into a 3rd gen. if so i think im gonna invest in this awesome project.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Yes you can swap F to H in a 4th gen and vice versa. Mounts are the same.
Youll be the first to do a G22 in a 3rd gen.
I didnt know K20 internals can be swapped into F/H series motor.
Can somebody clarify this?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it was in last months import tuner and its called a g23 so youd be using the f23 block, rods, crank, and k20 pistons, h22 head, and its non v-tec. it makes up 240 horse and its way cheaper than getting a k20.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Wow I wonder what the compression ratio on that motor is.Thats pretty cool.
If you can find the link, pass it here.:spinface:

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
all i was wondering is if the f series would bolt into the 3rd gen. like an h22

yes, the f and the h use the same casting for their blocks and their transmissions cases, so the mounts used to hang the h22 in the third gen will also hang any of the f blocks in the third gen.

as far as i know, those mounts are for the manual 3gp chassis, not the automatic. the auto frame rail is different, and requires some modification to accept the manual mount.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
prelude182, if you put a h22 head onto a f23 block it's still vtec. i've seen plenty of people do g-series swap here in RI. i'm doing one for my accord while i'm building my h22 for my 3gen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts