Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered parts from ESP over 7 months ago and now they are not even emailing me back. PayPal will not honor dispute after 180 days so it looks like I got SCAMMED. Just a heads up for anyone thinking about ordering from them.

·
I lub Denny one tiem
2,459 Posts
you didnt get scammed. it just takes 5 years for them to make one part.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pray that to be the case, but last I heard my parts were already packaged and ready to ship. That was 3 months ago

·
Registered
573 Posts
I got some stuff late last year. I was persistent. Delivery was slow (multiple months), I was patient suspecting delays due to the Plague, maybe that's just business as usual.

If "it's boxed up, ready to go" then ask for a tracking number.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What month? I placed an order in August. I don't care if he is just behind on orders or whatever but he could at least email me back and let me know. I have been extremely patient but this is ridiculous. I bought some engine mounts back in 2016 with no problems and no delays so I didn't think anything of it.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I just looked it up:
February 19th ordered mounts just before the Plague shit really started boiling.
May 28th: "Will be shipped out middle to late next week"
July 6th tracking code.

Quoted 7 week lead time, started hounding him after 14.

So "next week" is short hand for "next month or so."

(Sorry, my timeframe and memory are a bit off)

Reactions: EVILBIRD

·
master bater
1,682 Posts
It's nothing new. Took them 6 months to get me motor mounts. Everyone knows they take forever.

Reactions: EVILBIRD

·
Administrator
6,798 Posts
Unfortunately this is normal for ESP. I too waited a good amount of time for parts, and this was way back in 2011.

As mentioned, just keep on them. You'll get the parts eventually but every review out there states how slow they are.

·
Registered
1999 Prelude. F20B/K20A hybrid rebuild
167 Posts
Unfortunately they are not a legit and trusted business anymore. Ownership was fallen on someone different and they have zero care for customer service. They were recently officially placed on the Prelude “hall of shame” on Facebook for not being trusted anymore. Because there’s dozens of people that have spoken out in your same shoes and were getting ignored after months to a year of time. And we ALL know how expensive their parts are so wasting time is frowned upon. Recently someone received their mounts after a year and the mount was bent, bushing not dully pressed in, and the “”POWDER COAT”” was chipped off in several places. ESP is now not trusted. Hopefully noone else will ever send them money. They used to be legit, and they messed it up.
I hope you get your parts man.. just keep at it and keep messaging them. Don’t be afraid to threaten them with posting on all the Prelude pages how un-reputable they are.
Last time someone tagged the owner on Facebook and he replied quickly knowing the 50,000 people on that page could see the post. (Still never sent the parts)
Again. Keep at it, hope you get your parts.

·
Registered
1993 Prelude Si VTEC
120 Posts
I ordered Mounts , traction bar etc from them over 5 YEARS ago and after patiently waiting 6+months I emailed politely asking how it was going and was without notice and without explanation refunded my $800 or whatever it was.

ESP has always been a joke IMO. I wouldn't give that Dude 5 cents.

After that debacle I went with Innovative mounts and TB and no complaints. They shipped out the next day and fit perfect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the input guys I do appreciate it. The funny thing is, the traction bar was "on sale" when I bought it. January 21st he said " Your items are boxed and will be shipped out our next bulk shipping day next week." That's the last time I heard from him. I don't get on Facebook or I would definitely say something in the prelude groups.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered parts from ESP over 7 months ago and now they are not even emailing me back. PayPal will not honor dispute after 180 days so it looks like I got SCAMMED. Just a heads up for anyone thinking about ordering from them.
You didn’t get scammed, they just take forever! I ordered from him January of 2020 (front and rear strut bar/lower tie bar) and received my order in July 2020 so it took about 7 months. Wait, then wait some more you’ll get your order. ESP is terrible at costumer service yet they make great parts and no where near a timely manner!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts