Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i put a custom 2.5 inch exhuast with a straight cat(high flow ebay one) and an apexi muffler. chikara headers...so my problem is from 1500-2200rpms my car rattles something nasty. but at all others its fine...or maybe the exhuast is to loud for me to notice...i looked under everything seemed secured...could it be the pan between the car and the exhuast?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
The fitment on the chikara's is kind of shitty. Mine did the same thing. I can't remember what exactly it was rattling against, I think it was the heat shield near the flange (by the cat). A screwdriver solved my problem.

·
Registered
750 Posts
does that header replace the down pipe? because the stock down pipe has a tube inside a tube. the inner tube breaks free of its welds and always rattles at 1500-2000k all you have to do is cut some slits in the outter tube and fill the slits with weld so the inner tube is welded to the outter and your rattle is gone. if the header replaces the downpipe then its eniterly possible that the header down pipe is rattling against the pan (check for scuffs on the pan by the pipe) or the exhuast pipe is rattling agains the undercarage of the car. also check the muffler. Basically how we check rattles at the shop is to first wack the exhaust system with our fists and listen for a rattle, if nothing we start the car and stand under it and listen to were the noise is coming from.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
it might be the downpipe is so close to the oil pan that it vibrates against it. if it goes away or is lees common when the car heats up then i bet its that. my car does the same thing and im going to fit some header wrap beteween the two and see if it helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts