Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was cruising on saturday night when a 2007 black honda civic si pulls up next to me. When the light turns I hit it and so does he. We get to about 50 when there is a pig sittin on a side street. So the cop comes flying out and decides to pull me over instead of the civic that was closer to him. Bad news is I get an exhibition of speed ticket:evil:... At least I kept up with the si the whole time:satisfied:.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I was at a red light once and i just pushed to around 50mph not knowing the car next to me was a cop.i think the limit was 30mph. it was some sort of undercover ford car but he gave me a warning though. asking do you know how fast you were going and do i know the speed limit. i said i was going 40 and the speed limit is 40. lol

·
Registered
763 Posts
i hate cops
sometimes yes, sometimes no. i hate how they're anal about exhaust/tint/stereos. but the few times i've been in an accident, they were always very helpful and polite.
and i'd wish every1 would stop comparing the lude to the new SI. our cars are at the least 7 years old.my 4th gen is 13 years old. SIs are brand new, weigh less, make same HP. but its still a civic, and every1 drives one.

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
you hate cops for protecting us from idiots like you that speed down the highway?

Sure i do it, when NO one is around. In a town like this its empty at 12-1.

Now on some things like mentioned above for tint, exhaust etc they can be a little anal.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great. How old are you? You might be screwed. Most counties in Colorado don't take that shit lightly.
Iam 17 and a dumbass for racing on busy streets. One of my buddies got the same ticket a few weeks before me so at least when he goes to court first I will know what I got coming to me.
i hate cops
^Iam with you :stoned:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
court sucks dick

Went to court today and got 4 points off my license and a $120 fine.
It was originally 5 points and $185 fine so guess I got off a little better but not much.

·
Me+you+your friend=fun
1,547 Posts
exhibition of speed ticket just a fancy name for a speeding ticket or some special type of ticket in Colorado?

·
Registered
904 Posts
cops are great when they are not pulling you over for non-moving violations.

·
iHeart iVTEC
3,933 Posts
cops are great when they are not profiling you just because you drive a Honda.
fixed it.

I've honestly had nothing but good experiences (except 1) with gettin pulled over. But i still catch flak from cops, they still like to follow me just b/c it says Honda on the trunk, and the way it looks. seriously, FUCK cops if they are gonna profile. profile in cities where you are trying to bust drug dealers, don't profile me so you can follow me around while I do nothing wrong, and waste your fucking time when that cop couldv'e been catching someone actually doing something illegal. I see cars blow through red lights, stop signs, do all kinds of illegal shit, but do they get busted? NOPE. but when i'm obeying all the laws of the road cops like to pull u-turns on me b/c of my fucking window tint. then give me a warning for it!?!? he was nice, and cool, but still a jackass in my mind.

·
Registered
71 Posts
exhibition of speed ticket just a fancy name for a speeding ticket or some special type of ticket in Colorado?
It has nothing to do with speed, actually, it's more of a reference to burnouts, squealing tires, not having control over the car, etc.

I was passing through a small town here in CO a while back and at a stoplight I let out the clutch a little too fast and made the tires squeak (crappy tires). A traffic cop on the other side of the intersection took it upon himself to pull me over and yell at me for 'drag racing' and 'doing rear wheel drive burnouts' on a public street. Gave me an Exhibition of Speed ticket and guaranteed me I'd lose my license. I just smiled and nodded and told him I'd see him in court.

What's best is the idiot even made sure to write 'rear-wheel drive burnout resulting in the rear fishtailing across 2 lanes' on the ticket. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with that description? Needless to say, my lawyer thought it was pretty funny and it got thrown out very easily. The look on the judge's face as he saw a description of the car and the description of the violation was priceless.

·
iHeart iVTEC
3,933 Posts
It has nothing to do with speed, actually, it's more of a reference to burnouts, squealing tires, not having control over the car, etc.

I was passing through a small town here in CO a while back and at a stoplight I let out the clutch a little too fast and made the tires squeak (crappy tires). A traffic cop on the other side of the intersection took it upon himself to pull me over and yell at me for 'drag racing' and 'doing rear wheel drive burnouts' on a public street. Gave me an Exhibition of Speed ticket and guaranteed me I'd lose my license. I just smiled and nodded and told him I'd see him in court.

What's best is the idiot even made sure to write 'rear-wheel drive burnout resulting in the rear fishtailing across 2 lanes' on the ticket. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with that description? Needless to say, my lawyer thought it was pretty funny and it got thrown out very easily. The look on the judge's face as he saw a description of the car and the description of the violation was priceless.
that's cops falsifying police reports, happens all the time, they just like to write what they saw in la la land. glad yours' got taken care of. one of mine the cop wrote that i crossed into the other lane and was 2 feet from the sidewalk...when in reality (not la la land) it was more like, two feet over the double yellow (it was around a turn, and I was trying to stealthly put on my seatbelt b/c i saw a cop was behind me).

·
Registered
262 Posts
be glad you guys are in the communist-wealth of virginia. any cop, including our state troopers will go out of their ways to ticket you for tint. if you have exhaust... well. you get one of those too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think I'm pretty lucky here in Houston, Texas lol. My SH has tint, exhaust, stereo, high beam on my right headlight since low is out (high not working on left but low does) and my licence plate inside on the dash by the front windshield lol, which my friends always ask if I get pulled over for it, which I haven't. Cops see me all the time since I pass by schools on my way home since I'm a 17 year old high school senior, who still has a learners permit! xD I've never been stopped before, but have had encounters with HPD and Precint 6 this one time my ride battery went out and I was blocking a left turn lane. Officer was very polite and was behind me, directing traffic to not hit me. Sure, cops can be rude and stuff, but not all are like that

·
Registered
388 Posts
I've never had any problems with Fairfax VA PD, most professional group of men and women I've even met. They're insane when it comes to writing tickets and jackin people up... But when you start to own shit, I mean really own shit, you'll be glad they're insane. They keep that criminal element contained in Southeast D.C. where they belong and out of my neighborhood...

Now, Anne Arundel County MD, I've actually gotten into physical altercations with police because of their shitty attitude. Cop or not, there are things you can't say to a grown man.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts