Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok i have a question on a catback exhaust, can i only use a complete aftermarket exhaust system but keep using the stock muffler tip?

this may be completely obvious but im a noob when it comes to exhaust :mrgreen:

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
are you asking if you can get a complete aftermarket exhaust but keep your stock tips?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...yes :)

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
doubtful. the stock tips are actually just covers, iirc. you could look into exhausts that look stock'ish.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
or you could prob find a universal twin tip borla or something borla is good stuff. BTW that sig is hilarious

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
prelude98addict said:
thanks

there IS one that cought my eye on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CIVIC-CRX-SI-PRELUDE-OTTO-R-DUAL-TIP-EXHAUST-MUFFLER_W0QQitemZ8056693011QQcategoryZ33636QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and the reason i ask this is because i want the HP gain of the headers and exhaust without that annoying ricey sound to it(no offence to anyone that likes it) i just dont like it.
HP gains are caused by a free-flowing exhaust.

Free-flowing exhausts, to varying extents, cause annoying ricey sounds.

A $30 ebay muffler is going to sound like ass.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Check out teh wsII, it's really nice and quiet, but not as free flowing as say... apexi N1, or something with 2.5" piping. It's not too huge or anything so most cops probably wouldnt hassle you for it, since you're in cali you gotta consider that too.

oh and your sig is the funniest shit i've seen in a good long time man.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
check out the thermal catback exhaust.. it has a dual-tip muffler like stock, and its not annoying loud.

·
Registered
522 Posts
dont they make exhaust that you can silence? Apexi N1 is what i recommend...listen to sound clips some sounds ricey and others dont i think the apexi N1 sounds good

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
I have the N1 and its not that loud at all unless you open 'er up. it comes with a silencer but I've never used it.

·
Registered
522 Posts
yea it doesnt get loud until full throttle but when does any car not get loud at all at full throttle maybe a hybrid or something? thats about it

·
Registered
854 Posts
thing is the header / muffler doesnt give you too much hp so if your looking for power without the sound then your screwed unless you get a silencer. there is no way you can do catback with stock mufflerit kinda defeats the point. if your looking for noticeable power then you are going to spend a pretty penny, oh and did we mention tuning

1 - 17 of 17 Posts