Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know when it comes to exhausts, or anything car related, you get what you pay for. I just want an exhaust that won't drone on the highway. I want the WS2 but I can't justify spending 800$ just for some sound. The only other option I have is getting the Yonaka catback for 300$. I've listen to some sound clips, but I'm not 100% sure. I would get the Q300 but some fabrication would be needed, and I don't want to do that. I don't have access to that. I have a 98 Prelude base model

·
Super Moderator
6,487 Posts
Invidia q300, apexi ws2 and Mugen twin loop are pretty much the only bolt on exhausts with a reasonable sound at highway speeds.

They are all expensive. I would say leave it stock, you'll get tired of the car or exhaust in a few years anyway. What modification would you need for the Invidia?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read somewhere that it is a few Inches short, so it doesn't directly fit to a base prelude

·
Super Moderator
6,487 Posts
Sounds like a 4" or so spacer is needed, Greddy usually supplies these with their exhausts so the systems can be used on a base or sh model. I would check with Invidia and see if they now supply that or not with theirs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For all that I know, no adapter is shipped with the q300. I haven't been able to find any adapters, when I search, "base prelude q300 adapter," nothing shows up. Just some sites that sell it. Im not even sure which sites to use. There is Amazon(this one i know is safe), hardmotion, redline360, vivid racing, and proimporttuners. On YouTube and reddit, I searched around and everyone just said you have to do it custom.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Apparently, there is a SH and base version of the q300 with added 4" with flanges, but both have the same model number. A lot of the times the picture doesn't actually show the exhaust.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts