Honda Prelude Forum banner

241 - 247 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Very nice info here thanks for taking the time to lay it all out for us :)

One question, what year was the B18B1 intake cam? The part numbers and specs are different between the 94-95 (PR4 cams, share same cams as 92-93 B18A1) and the 96-01 (P75 cams)

·
Registered
115 Posts
B18b1 cam is a B18b1 cam right? Are the all specs the same regardless of the car it came out of, or does it matter if it is a b18 out of a Integra GSR or out of an Integra LS, would these two have different cam specs with the same motor or no?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Only the LS cam would work. The GSR is a VTEC engine so their cams aren't compatible.

Not all B18a/b non-vtec cams are the same either. The largest are the later model B18b1 cams with "75" stamped on the cams. Some B18Bs had the same cams as B18a and will not have the "75" stamping. I have compared them myself and have a modified B18B1 "75" intake cam from a '00 Integra. BIG difference from B18a1, b18b1 non "75", b20a5 and b21a1 intake cams.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I didnt bother to get the specs on the b18a1 exhaust cam, as the duration and max lift are almost identical to a b20a5 exhaust cam. and it would be pointles to pay all the money to shorten the gear end and have the slot cut for something that is identical to what we have. so no results will be posted on the b18a1 exhaust cam.
i believe that my exhaust cam might be warped in my b20a5, and i have a b18a1 head sitting around, how much would i have to retard/advance the cam to make that exhaust cam work in my b20a5??

·
Premium Member
16,571 Posts
i believe that my exhaust cam might be warped in my b20a5, and i have a b18a1 head sitting around, how much would i have to retard/advance the cam to make that exhaust cam work in my b20a5??
After you machined the end to fit the head, it just bolts up and drops in with stock cam gears.
That was the purpose of this mod, it is supposed to be a low cost cam upgrade without going aftermarket cams.

241 - 247 of 247 Posts