Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellow Prelude owners, Well im new to the forum but not to the prelude. SO I just had to to post this up.I want to know
if I can take on a evo x gsr. I have a 2000 prelude with vtec As far as mods go. Intake and exhaust. Racing steering wheel.
I know i can beat him from the launch Im a pretty good driver. Some consider me torreto but a much shorter version 4 feet 5 inches.
But i think in order to beat him good he would have to take his turbo off. what do you guys think?

I know a audi and a gtr can beat it.

I just hate cars with turbo, what happen to the good ol all motors. I know evos are not unbeable , something in my heart tells me I can take him
I always preffer vtec over any turbo thats for sure.

AS for his mods as far as i know he's stock.

I know a crx k24 can beat it why not me!

I have beaten mirage, old lancer, smart car. neon sxt.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I already asked him to take his turbo off but he laughed... ok this guy is dumb and knows i can take him.

vteccc power all day!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yea youll get your feelings hurt. A k24 crx with destroy you also so thats no comparision. I like how you think a lancer and neon sxt is the same as their counter parts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How can be beat me though i got a bigger motor. 2.2 vtec and he has a 2.0. and I have lots of street racing experience.

I asked the homies from civic 12.32 team they told me it was going to be a peice of cake for me to take him, since he is awd and im fwd so im lighter.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have a 2000 prelude with vtec As far as mods go. Intake and exhaust. Racing steering wheel.
I know i can beat him from the launch Im a pretty good driver. Some consider me torreto but a much shorter version 4 feet 5 inches.
:sarcasm: Is this a serious post or are you kidding around?

[edit]

I just saw this:

How can be beat me though i got a bigger motor. 2.2 vtec and he has a 2.0. and I have lots of street racing experience.

I asked the homies from civic 12.32 team they told me it was going to be a peice of cake for me to take him, since he is awd and im fwd so im lighter.

Now i know for sure you arent for real.

·
Registered
162 Posts
He makes more power and torque than you. He only weighs a couple hundered pounds more. The can run low 13's stock. If hes a decent driver he'll ream your asshole so hard out the hole youll go home and cry. Your homies are either idiots or setting you up for failure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why would I joke around, This is why I posted to ask my fellow prelude owners. Im tired of turbo cars thinking they fast. and better. IM here to prove a point im going to race him and put it on youtube. I cant accept failure. And no im not jelous that I dont have a car like that. I rather get a gtr. its a nissan.

And BMFC Although i do appreciate and doubt me, my homies we ride all day son. they wont bs me man.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I been doubted many many times

Like the time I was going to race that neon, i was told that shit was turbo its 2 fast ill get owned etc....
I raced that neon stx and smoked it.

Same goes for the lancer same story same outcome.

The smart car well I wanted to prove a point that i will take on anybody anyday. I also taken down some civic b20

yea that neon, lancer got PRE OWNED!

·
Registered
112 Posts
u gotta think to ur self ur driving a basically stock prelude man ..and referring to urself as toretto lol 4 feet 5 inches can u see over that racing steering wheel which adds atleast 20whp btw..quit benchracing and race and find out ..not tryin to be mean but i hate when ppl do that shit

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Well at the risk of getting trolled I don't want to seem like we are an unfriendly board so I'll lay it out for you

The EVO X has approx 270 hp at the crank. One can guesstimate with a Drivetrain loss down to 230ish at the wheels (assuming it's 100% stock)

Weighing approx 3,250lbs

That gives it power to weight ratio of about .07

Your prelude has (assuming it's all been kept up extremely well) approx 230Hp at the engine. With a drivetrain loss one could put that around 200 at the wheel (Being very very generous mind you)

With approx weight at 3050lbs

That gives you a power to weight ratio of .06

Those are just the basics engine power to weight figures. He also has a 6 spd transmission and awd. It means he can launch it faster and harder and stick it better than you can with similar gear ratios too.

Bottom line. Short of thousands in a n/a build or a turbo kit. It ain't happening chief

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
This has to be a joke.

You're not going to beat an evo x if all you have is an intake and exhaust. Shadowking is being very generous with the 230hp guess on your car.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
What...the...fck...?

No way in hell you gonna win if he is a decent driver.

·
Registered
112 Posts
another thing is if that evo is even stock.if not than your in even bigger trouble.ive beaten a modded evo but that was in a fully gutted h22 turbo crx

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
No bench racing. IBTL

Stock for stock, or even slightly modified. He will win.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Hey Fellow Prelude owners, Well im new to the forum but not to the prelude. SO I just had to to post this up.I want to know
if I can take on a evo x gsr. I have a 2000 prelude with vtec As far as mods go. Intake and exhaust. Racing steering wheel.
But i think in order to beat him good he would have to take his turbo off. what do you guys think?

I know a audi and a gtr can beat it.

I just hate cars with turbo, what happen to the good ol all motors. I know evos are not unbeable , something in my heart tells me I can take him
I always preffer vtec over any turbo thats for sure.

AS for his mods as far as i know he's stock.

I know a crx k24 can beat it why not me!

I don't like you.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts