·
Registered
1993 Prelude Si VTEC
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Before the resto

Getting her out my dads garage after a few years sitting

how the bay looks currently ...sorry bad pic but nothing special yet anyway

I want to clean the bay up BIG time, remove PS, cruise, AC, battery relocate, wire tuck, and remove the ABS.
Also want new wheels, dont worry

I need a new tranny as mine grinds bad , so probably going to try and find a m2b4 or I might just go aftermarket LSD and replace my sycros because they are shot.

·
Registered
1993 Prelude Si VTEC
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

started pulling the engine last week, had her out in a night...

at this point I decided I wanted to see how the Hytech Replica fit before I yanked the H22 out

Then this week I removed PS and AC components and started to strip the bay

I still gotta get the ABS unit out , hopefully this weekend if I get time

gutted the interior also....found 4 mouse nests
...no mice tho so hopefully they are gone..

comments , questions , input all greatly apreciated!!

·
Registered
1993 Prelude Si VTEC
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well...... life sometimes gets in the way

Almost 3 years later here I am finally getting the Lude painted and hopefully back together once I get her home.

well I got her stripped down and got her to the body shop where she has been for 2 years now
.......decided to shave the bay, fix all rust and repaint car in its Factory Milano Red.

Since its been so long I never bothered updating this thread but I've acquired some new parts recently and since she's getting closer to getting sprayed I figured i'd share.

·
Registered
1993 Prelude Si VTEC
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

Got me a engine stand YEE...and see that orange spare? JDM BB1 spare all original haha

Piller/windshield frame has rust damnit

Dope ass 38' Top Gun Cigarette boat getting painted also (Not Mine) i wish tho DREAM BOAT FOR ME, guy said its getting twin 900hp Big blocks
look how much bigger my daughter is from when it got took apart LOL

·
Registered
1993 Prelude Si VTEC
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So here is where the body shop is currently at...they are fitting my Kaminari lip kit and need to finish sanding drivers side and priming....hopefully soon ill see some paint

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Nice bike! Just sold my prelude this summer and replaced it with a R6. Had a black and gold lude, now it is a black and gold R6. Curious what colour the lude is getting painted? Same red as your R1 or completely different?

·
Registered
1993 Prelude Si VTEC
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice bike! Just sold my prelude this summer and replaced it with a R6. Had a black and gold lude, now it is a black and gold R6. Curious what colour the lude is getting painted? Same red as your R1 or completely different?
Thanks man , Well I actually just sold my R1 about a month ago.:wzbigcry: Owned it for six years and it was just time for me to get off the street. I ride way too fast.

The Lude after much debate will be resprayed in the original Milano Red.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Good choice, so much easier than a colour change, also cheaper. I can understand that. Riding a bike is a real risk and very easy to speed. It's almost impossible not to be speeding on a sport bike. If you have young kids too it is smart to sell it. I have no kids and no one really depending on me so completely different story.

·
Registered
1993 Prelude Si VTEC
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Good choice, so much easier than a colour change, also cheaper. I can understand that. Riding a bike is a real risk and very easy to speed. It's almost impossible not to be speeding on a sport bike. If you have young kids too it is smart to sell it. I have no kids and no one really depending on me so completely different story.
Yea man for sure ...Yup thats basically why I'm sticking with red. The body shop was gonna take even longer changing colors and it just seemed like they didn't like the idea so rather than get a shitty job ill go Milano.....also I do like the idea of keeping it original somewhat.

·
Registered
549 Posts
look great!!! double thumb up!

·
Registered
573 Posts
It looks great so far!

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1993 Prelude Si VTEC
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
updates

got my glass installed , purchased a Euro R trans

purchased a shitload of brand new OEM Honda parts like the windshield's molding's, Non abs Master , new oem clutch master, bumper clips , cap + rotor.. etc . everything that was still availble from Honda i bought lol...

painted and cleared my brand new non abs booster
installed Downstar tucked brake kit and integra 40/40 prop valve with handbent Summit racing stainless lines

purchased a 5 lug setup from a 5th gen

I now am working on replacing all the ball joints and suspension and bushings before I drop the H back in.

Attachments

·
Registered
1993 Prelude Si VTEC
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
and some more

Attachments

·
Registered
613 Posts
Nice work, beautiful paint job ! Coming back together nicely, start looking like a car again. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1993 Prelude Si VTEC
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
still changing a few things but got her up and running ....feels great

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts