Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Nearly eight months ago, I and a group of concerned Governors urged the President to take action to bring down the sky-high prices of gasoline at America's gas pumps. We urged the President to bring the price of gas down for consumers by capping oil profits and using federal anti-trust laws to prosecute any companies pocketing extra profits in the wake of disasters like Hurricane Katrina. We also asked Congress to investigate energy profiteering and pass legislation requiring oil companies to refund excess oil profits to consumers.
If you agree with me that consumers need relief now, please join me in signing this online petition to the President urging him to cap excessive gasoline profits.

http://www.michigan.gov/gov/0,1607,7-168-22080-141415--,00.html

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Signed...and forwarded it off also...

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
"Michigan drivers are again facing the reality of $3-per-gallon gas"

uhh... NEW YORK CITY and other cities are facing $4 - $5 per gallon gas.
they should feel lucky!

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
danny_d19 said:
Online petitions never work
kept our taxes from being raised two years ago.

also stopped the rewriting of our alabama constutition.

also got me 17 bucks and some change with the class action lawsuit with the IRAA

·
Registered
317 Posts
signed, even tho i don't live in michigan. I guess were lucky here in texas Mid grade is about 2.89 here. However we don't have anything higher than 91 octane in the city i go to college. gay

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
do they really need a petition to show that americans want lower gas prices?

signed

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NO.

but politicians need to see huge numbers petitioning this.... its a voting base.

its about the only thing that has kept Email from being taxed.

M

·
0 Posts
I already pay over $3 a gallon. I filled up the other day and it cost me $55. The rising prices are actually getting closer to prices elsewhere in the world so this has been coming for a long time. If you want high prices go to Europe where they pay by the liter and it is very high, I'm sure some of our European members will vouch for this. I think if this would have been more gradual than the sudden spikes we've been experiencing.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
LudaPower said:
You're not gonna create more oil by putting your name on a piece of paper..

It's at 3.92$/g here right now.. its gonna be almost double that in 2 years here.
What are you talking about? There is NO oil shortage. The main sources of oil have ATLEAST 60 years of oil left at our current growth. Not to mention there are other huge reserves that haven't been touched yet. Alaska, Antartica IIRC....so what they say is BS.

WHat they are doing is called price gouging....it's illegal and immoral. How else would oil companies be making more than EVER. It's ludicrous!!!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
i'll sign it if you paste some text in the original post so i know somewhat what im clicking on when i click your link, i dont just go around clicking on any old links people put out there.... explanation needed or no sign from me.....

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Mikeyslude said:
I already pay over $3 a gallon. I filled up the other day and it cost me $55. The rising prices are actually getting closer to prices elsewhere in the world so this has been coming for a long time. If you want high prices go to Europe where they pay by the liter and it is very high, I'm sure some of our European members will vouch for this. I think if this would have been more gradual than the sudden spikes we've been experiencing.
they can also vouch that they pay 3 to 5 times more in taxes on fuel.

sweet home alabama.. home to the cheapest gas in the nation :)

2.73/9

the problem with fuel is that its no longer this super cheap resource that goverment can tax the shit out of.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
BAD91Si said:
i'll sign it if you paste some text in the original post so i know somewhat what im clicking on when i click your link, i dont just go around clicking on any old links people put out there.... explanation needed or no sign from me.....
Do you not read addresses? It says it's a .gov site. That means it's legit.

And plus....it's CADster...sheesh!

CADster said:
sweet home alabama.. home to the cheapest gas in the nation :)

2.73/9
There supposedly a mom and pop shop in a small rural town in the upper middle west of the US that sells gas at like 2 bucks a gallon because they own their own oil wells.....still trying to find out more on that.

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
butterthegreat said:
WHat they are doing is called price gouging....it's illegal and immoral.
amen to that noise.

ever hear of the hunt brothers ....

butterthegreat said:
And plus....it's CADster...sheesh!
he should be concerned... i had special code in the link that would format any prelude members HD who sold his lude to buy a DSM :lol:

but i removed it ;)

·
Registered
230 Posts
yea i filled up my tank on friday $48 dollars like oh shitt. when i got on the highway i was going 65 and people kept honking and honking and i just kept going 65 nowadays im trying to get some good gas mileage. i think i should write a letter to my governor i mean people honking at me for me going 65? it's really ruining the whole purpose of why speed limits were created in the '70s oil crisis

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
bigballer8526 said:
yea i filled up my tank on friday $48 dollars like oh shitt. when i got on the highway i was going 65 and people kept honking and honking and i just kept going 65 nowadays im trying to get some good gas mileage. i think i should write a letter to my governor i mean people honking at me for me going 65? it's really ruining the whole purpose of why speed limits were created in the '70s oil crisis
Low speed limits were created by the government. It's regan's fault. They gave states incentive to keep it at a certain level. That's why Cali is seriously jacked up!

And I go 80 all the time an get relatively the same mileage out of my tank... ~400 on the lude and ~350 in the civic.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts