Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 1999 Honda Prelude Type SH and will be replacing the engine and transmission with a 2001 Euro-R H22A Engine and Transmission. I plan on being OBD1 and using a Hondata S300 ECU. Overall goal is a fast naturally aspirated build. My question is in regards to the engine swap is as follows;

1) It seems like since I am using the intake manifold that came with the engine I don't need to do any modifications to the intake manifold for it to work in my USDM Prelude; is this correct? i.e. I can use the Euro-R fuel rail
2) If I want to retain the IACV function in my currently planned set-up (i.e. OBD 1 and Hondata S300 ECU), can I use the Rosko IACV adapter plate?
3) Is there any benefit to blocking off the EGR?
4) Any other advice on how to complete this engine swap or any potential pit-falls you experienced is greatly appreciated! I am still new at learning all the terms!

Thank you in advance for all your help! I am in no way a mechanic, I am just trying to perform an engine swap with my Dad as a fun Father/Son project!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you get your answers? I am about to tackle this in the next few weeks and had a couple of the same questions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts