Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this and I'm a really big fan of Preludes, especially the 2nd gen and 5th gen and is barely gettin' into cars. I was wonderin', since I recently picked up my 87 2.0 SI, where can I get an EQ tray/console replacement?? Pep boys maybe? Idk, I'm young and amateur at this, so help me out! :wzbigcry:

Here is a pic of what I'm talking about:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got one for u in Texas if ur equalizer works and u just don't want it
Nah, mine came with an EQ, but I don't want the EQ since I'ma install an aftermarket Alpine deck for my sound system. I wanna replace the EQ with a tray as shown in the picture I uploaded. So you said you have an extra tray made for the 2nd gen 'lude? I'm from San Diego, California. How much would you charge for it? && I got another question you could probably answer right off the bat for me. Is this "coin tray" also an ashtray? The little tray that goes right under the EQ since my car didn't come with one. Here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/85-87-86-Ho...ies&vxp=mtr&hash=item51850dfe97#ht_2938wt_940

And if you know a place to get it cheaper, lemme know! Thanks a lot man.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Haha I was right No it's not an ashtray but it's perfect size for a pack of smokes and lighter etc there's a slot for the ashtray under it I'll trade u the tray and ashtray for the eq in ur before pic u can see the slot empty in the hater pic the ashtray is there

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Haha I was right No it's not an ashtray but it's perfect size for a pack of smokes and lighter etc there's a slot for the ashtray under it I'll trade u the tray and ashtray for the eq in ur before pic u can see the slot empty in the hater pic the ashtray is there
Sounds good. The EQ works great and everything. So you'll hook it up for the eq replacement tray and the ashtray which is they tray right underneath EQ??? & How come you want the EQ? Tryna keep it OEM? And what color's the ashtray? Blue or black??

So you're willing to trade me your ashtray and eq replacement tray for my EQ?
And is this photo correct of your ashtray and eq:

·
Registered
638 Posts
There both black now, what color ashtray u want I gotta go to junkyard by this weekend any way so I figured I'd try and find u one. shipping should be the same for the ashtray and Trey vs the equalizer so this week I'll see what's up and well figure something out unless u find em before that on here or something well just ship the same time so we can exchange trackin numbers while were both at a store so we know were both getting our stuff post some more and well private message

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There both black now, what color ashtray u want I gotta go to junkyard by this weekend any way so I figured I'd try and find u one. shipping should be the same for the ashtray and Trey vs the equalizer so this week I'll see what's up and well figure something out unless u find em before that on here or something well just ship the same time so we can exchange trackin numbers while were both at a store so we know were both getting our stuff post some more and well private message
I'm looking for the blue ashtray, which is the SI, correct? And the eq replacement is black which is the same color as the radio dash, so that's cool. And do you have fb? So we can communicate our further shipping and handling there. Wish San Diego had 2nd gen Preludes at the junkyards...

·
Registered
638 Posts
Idk mines an 84 and it was blue I'm repainting my interior so it's black now u can check it out in the me ruinin my Lude thread down on the 2g page but any way is that ur car in the pic/ do u have original tape deck with working tape player and also make sure the radio ur puttin in is mp3 compatible kinda bouncy ride it'll probably eat up CDs

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Idk mines an 84 and it was blue I'm repainting my interior so it's black now u can check it out in the me ruinin my Lude thread down on the 2g page but any way is that ur car in the pic/ do u have original tape deck with working tape player and also make sure the radio ur puttin in is mp3 compatible kinda bouncy ride it'll probably eat up CDs
Nah, I got it from google images. Here's my car:

It has the OEM tape deck and the EQ indeed, but I do not use CD's anymore. I'm installing an Alpine deck that's USB and iPod compatible, so I'm pretty good on music capability in the car, thanks for you concern tho man! And my interior is blue, but I'ma hit up the junkyard too this weekend down south of San Diego and see if I might hopefully run into any blue ashtrays. And btw, my car is an '87 so would your ashtray or any other years fit? Thanks again brother

·
Registered
638 Posts
Good find interiors kinda ugly but it's been driven, seats r easy four bolts and they're out otherwise hell yeah and u came to the right place u can usually get walk thrus on repairs from these guys on here so have fun fixin it up does the tape player work i went to pick a part earlier NO preludes but there's 2 more in Houston so I'll keep lookin should fit I saw some of the ashtrays r curved in other hondas so I'll try and get u some out of an 87 any idea when ur getting the alpine installed and what's up that girls walkin down the block bitchin

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good find interiors kinda ugly but it's been driven, seats r easy four bolts and they're out otherwise hell yeah and u came to the right place u can usually get walk thrus on repairs from these guys on here so have fun fixin it up does the tape player work i went to pick a part earlier NO preludes but there's 2 more in Houston so I'll keep lookin should fit I saw some of the ashtrays r curved in other hondas so I'll try and get u some out of an 87 any idea when ur getting the alpine installed and what's up that girls walkin down the block bitchin
That chick walkin' down the block is my sister, haha. She was talkin' shit to her husband on the phone. But yeah, I know that the tape player plays the radio, but I don't have any tape cassettes to test it out with, but I will asap. And I've got some bad news and good news. I'm willing to trade you my EQ for both your blue ashtray & EQ replacement tray, but it's gonna have to wait over a month due to my car being placed at my uncle's house in the far east of San Diego and he's taking a trip back to Vietnam for a month. My pops transported there without me knowing while I was at school, so I was pretty upset. Shit has all kinds of leaking problems and shit, but it'll all get done after a month. So I'm still down for the trade, just gonna have to wait over a month. Sounds good?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thats cool u doin the work on the car urself? better that way these cars are pretty easy and u know its done right
My uncle is. He's a mechanic himself and knows wassup. So are you still up for the trade? And if you would like my deck too, try to find me a blue JDM armrest. I'll trade you in a heartbeat!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah still wanna trade gives me more time so I don't have to send my trays I took it out today messin with the radio but I use it everyday for cigs etc...as for the armrest I'll do that if I find two cuz I want one as well
Sounds great man. Keep me updated. Idk how to add friends on here, so add me somehow, lol. So stock DECK + EQ for EQ replacement tray + blue ashtray + blue armrest. Hope everything comes out as expected!

-Tommy Truong

·
Registered
369 Posts
dude, that picture of the "coil" holder is the small tray thats on the driverside of the steering column...

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
i got that blue ash tray let me know dude

1 - 20 of 21 Posts