Honda Prelude Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yeah it does have the bronze glass. I think it's either from the tan interior or 4WS. My friend has a 1990 Si ALB, black with tan interior, and it does not have bronze glass.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Atreyu is now put away for winter. See you in the spring...

Next year, we are going on a long vacation overseas, so most of my expendable income is going toward funding that. So, Atreyu might be on the back burner for a while. I don't expect to update a lot here. Mainly I plan on getting the radio fixed, and maybe I'll be able to get some body work done on it. Here's hoping.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Atreyu lives! Got a brand new group 24 battery in him over the weekend, and he started right up. Also, Dad says hi from snowy northeastern PA.

At this point in time, it looks like Atreyu will be coming out of hibernation for a Cars and Coffee on April 13th. Then he's coming home with me. The radio has been sent to the repair shop. I plan on having a new power antenna installed before cars and coffee. Tires will probably come once it's warmer out and I start driving it more often. Season opener Cars and Coffee at the Steel Stacks in Bethlehem is on the 28th of April!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Atreyu needs rear upper ball joints to pass inspection, so I've sourced a set of them plus a set of OEM control arms to go with them. I bought the ball joints through JCWhitney on eBay.

Here are the part numbers for the new CTR ball joints:
Part #: W0133-1617863
CTR Ball Joint Rear Passenger Right Side Upper New RH
Price: $26.95

Part #: W0133-1617606
CTR Ball Joint Rear Driver Left Side Upper New
Price: $27.95

I also purchased a new set of control arm bushings for it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Some updates:

Took Atreyu to Radwood NJ on 6/8/19, a 5 hour round trip with no issues! My friend brought his '90 Si ALB. We were the only two Preludes at the show.
https://i.imgur.com/vzHq9gb.jpg

Replaced recently:
-Tires: General Altimax RT43 tires
-Used OEM EGR valve, tested and working unit, but CEL persists. Looking into replacing the EGR solenoid located in the little box near the firewall next. Otherwise the car is running fine, still starts hard sometimes but it's not a big deal.
-Sway bar links
-Rear upper ball joints listed previously were installed
-Power antenna

Next on the list is the following:
GABRIEL G55742 Ultra front struts
SACHS 031160 rear struts
ACDELCO 45H1076 front springs
MOOG K9492 front strut mounts
WESTAR ST2950 rear strut mounts
GABRIEL 143064 front strut bellows

$251.16 total before shipping. Hoping to have this stuff ordered and installed in the next month or so. Car rides just as good as my '99 Accord. I sent the OEM radio away to a repair shop; he's having trouble sourcing a drive motor. Otherwise, it's been fully restored.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I have made a contact in NZ that is going to help me import some JDM/NZDM Prelude parts. Hopefully we can start getting some neat things in by the end of the year.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Atreyu is in storage for the winter. In the spring, it's getting fully restored with body work, paint, new pinstriping and graphics. Can't wait!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

21 - 36 of 36 Posts