Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 90s. Base model, and i have been told by many that this means it should be a carbed motor. Well its not. Its bone stock, never been swapped (I know this, it was my parents car). So i guess what im asking is, was this just up here in Canada or why would it have a B20a5?? And would it by worth boosting a B20a5 or better off buying a b20??

Heres some pics

·
Registered
281 Posts
I don't know about the engine question, but it appears that your oil dipstick is in the wrong place......:)

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Huh?? No its in front of the valve cover, in the right spot, you just cant see it. I have no idea what that thing is in the right spot.

Edit: OMG i see it nwo lol. Better get that back in asap... :lol:

·
Premium Member
16,912 Posts
You have the Si model. The S is a carburated model.

Edit: Oh and yes you can boost that motor, because it is the same as the B20A

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have done a fair bit of research and think i know enough for now =P. Sean you said it is the same as the B20. Is this completely true. And nope its an S. No air conditioning. And i have an S on the back =p there is no possibly way that it is an SI, i mean no way. Its an S and im super confused right now.

Someone please enlighten me

·
Memento Mori
7,515 Posts
90S models in Canada came with the b20a5 not b20a3. In the U.S. all S models came with the b20a3, that's where the confusion is.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks mustardcat. I know this is a very vague question but if i was to boost it on 7-9 psi DD, looking for like 250hp, how much money you think i would drop??

·
Premium Member
17,737 Posts
90S models in Canada came with the b20a5 not b20a3. In the U.S. all S models came with the b20a3, that's where the confusion is.
You beat me to it.

There's an S around here the exact same colour as that one, I gave him my old hubcaps like 5 years ago

·
Memento Mori
7,515 Posts
Impossible to say, depending on what parts you used and where you got them. $1500-$2000 minimum though, and that's with a stock motor and going with used parts.

·
Premium Member
16,912 Posts
Thanks mustardcat. I know this is a very vague question but if i was to boost it on 7-9 psi DD, looking for like 250hp, how much money you think i would drop??
Well that depends on the prices of parts and tuning and labor if you dont do it yourself.

So anywhere from: $1500-$4500

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah thats about what i was thinking. But because the car is 20 years old almost, wouldnt i need to rebuild the block also?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
You really think its that clean??( besides the oil dipstick =p) i mean honestly. It would be nicer to have more hp tho... hmmm now you gots me thinking.

Edit: I just need some stock blades and it would be totally stock. Anndd i think thats sig worthy:) and you may be happy to know that it will be sitting for the next year or more, just getting started and moved frequently

1 - 15 of 15 Posts