Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. sorry if i didnt search threw these forums good enough. however i got a 89' si 5 speed and a b21a1 motor that i swapped in cuz the b20 snapped a timing belt on the highway.

my prob is that i cant get it to idle right after it warms up. it starts good has a high idle but as soon as the high idle gos away and i stab it it chokes and spits and pops until about 3500 then it cleans up and takes off. its definately a vaccum problem and i think its part of the decel valve. cuz it doesnt decel fast enough. then after the fans kick on it really doesnt want to idle and slowly just dies cuz not enough air/fuel. the oil light also comes on at this point.

i no one the 89 vaccum system is completely different than the b21a1. ive got the vaccum diagrams from each off all data. im almost to the point of just throwing this car away. so if anyone in washington is looking for a 3g. let me know. got lots of extra pieces.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
When you swapped motors, did you reuse the same intake manifold?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
from what im told you only swap out the block and head use everything else from the old motor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts