Honda Prelude Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First thing i would like to say is that im not really much of a mechanic myself and have to humble myself :whatsthat:. but anyways i have a 91 Lude auto with a b21a1 that blew a rod, and we want to just swap out the engine. i have been looking around on CL and some other sites and found a couple B20 and was wondering if there is any complications putting in a b20 will the tranny bolt up? will the ECU work? etc??? any help would be great and thanks for looking, oh feel free to ask any questions that might help:D

·
blubyu
390 Posts
stickeys my friend stickeys, please use the search because this topic as been said,asked,talked about at least 50 x. I don't mean to be mad but people post before they surch and it sucks for us. for we have to keep retyping the same message.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Yes it will bolt up.

The easiest way to do it is to replace only the head/block.

Reuse the original exhaust and intake manifold, and transmission will bolt right up. There are a few differences in the 88-89 and 90-91 transmissions however, such as speed sensor, and flywheel (if you are swapping to manual at the same time.)

Good luck with the swap. The top of the page in the 3rd gen section where it says "FAQ sticky" is a good thing to read through.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Sorry, also meant to mention that the ecu does not need to be changed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.