Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some suggestions onto what exactly could be the cause of this. I thought it was the plugs, so I went out and got new plugs and wires, still nothing. It take it a long time for the engine to turn over, and if I'm lucky to get it on, it will start choking and not pass 3,5xx RPM, leaving me with not choice but to change gears at 3,xxx RPM (No fun!) I'm out of ideas here.

·
Registered
472 Posts
First, check if you are throwing any codes. Second, check your batt. voltage. Batt should be 12.5 VDC and 14.5 while running. Your timing may be off as well. Make sure to check all grounds as well.

good luck:smilejap:

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The weird thing is that this has barely started to happen once again. I went without this problem for 3 weeks. It comes back and forth whenever it feels like. Somone suggested, before, that my cat may be the cause and so I moved it around a bit and the problem went away. Just recently, I went over some speed bumps and the problem came back. Strange to me? Never had a car with this problem??

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Well if all you did was jiggle the cat to fix the problem (dunno, free up something loose that's rattling around inside?), then perhaps going over the bumps jiggled the whole mess back to where there's a problem again. Or something...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts