Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, have a 92 Prelude si 2.3 NON vTec. Only thing aftermarket is the intake. Even has FACTORY EXHAUST. A survivor. Idles fine, past 1000 rpms, missing & falls on it's face. Replace the fuel pump and filter, fuel pressure is good. Have a place the entire ignition system from the camshaft out. Replace timing belt, timing is correct. Compression test is good as well as leak down. Only DTC is the knock sensor, which is crazy as I've replaced it 3x nd it still ahrow the code. Found a burnt component in the ECU, replaced that. If cold, seems to idel fine but as it warms up, you start to hear that miss creeping in.. I'm STUMPED! Help! And thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Original factory exhaust? Could have a clogged catalytic converter. That would give you crap acceleration, worse as it warms, and even throw a code. Remove it and see if your performance improves. If so get a new one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Original factory exhaust? Could have a clogged catalytic converter. That would give you crap acceleration, worse as it warms, and even throw a code. Remove it and see if your performance improves. If so get a new one.
That is one thing I haven't checked... I've had the exhaust off previously... But I don't think I ever looked down the stupid cat... I'll try that today.
That is one thing I haven't checked... I've had the exhaust off previously... But I don't think I ever looked down the stupid cat... I'll try
that today.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts