Honda Prelude Forum banner

Engine died mid-drive, and wont start

477 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Jokedos 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello! I bought honda prelude 1994 with swapped H23A bluetop engine, and i have driven it just fine for about 500km, until I finally changed the oils, put a bit too much oil and started driving home. About 10km later the engine started stuttering and died. I towed it home and started investigating. The engine does crank just fine, and spark plugs seem to be in ok condition, and smell like fuel but the engine wont start. Any clues? Tomorrow I will check the distributor and ignition cables, since I believe this could be ignition issue. Share some knoledge and experiences if you have had similar issues. Thank you in advance!

#2 ·
I also checked that the engine has not leaked anything, or didin't spit any smoke due to the excess oil, so I dont suspect any internal damage on the engine itself, but probably ignition has worn out (the car had been sitting 7 years before I bought it).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.