Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I have a problem. I just got my new rear tie rod ends from Rock Auto (MAS T059585) they were the only ones I could find and the MAS part # is the right alternate part # for Honda part # 53550-SF1-004.
After everything I went through to get them, long story, don't ask, take my word that it was way too hard to get them, took way too long and involved stupidity on my part, the mf'ers don't fit. The threaded opening on the old one is 1/2" and the new one is 3/8".
Has anyone else run into this?
Does anyone know where I can get a set ASAP? My old ones are scary bad and I need to finish my car because I go back to work on Wednesday, it is now Monday.
Yup, I'm hosed. If anyone has extras in the San Diego area I will buy them and give you beer. If anyone has them in the greater So Cal area I will pay for same or next day shipping.
I'm praying to the god of 3rd gen 'ludes that someone can help me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have four sitting in a box from rockauto.com...i hope to God there not the wrong ones now when. I get home I gotta check...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have four sitting in a box from rockauto.com...i hope to God there not the wrong ones now when. I get home I gotta check...
If they are MAS T059585 they match OEM 53550-SF1-004. The numbers are right but the parts don't fit. The opening on the OEM part is 1/2" and the MAS part has a 3/8" opening. I have new inner tie rod ends (MOOG from Rock Auto) for the rear to put on and the MAS parts don't fit them either so I know the MAS parts are the problem.
Do you know of anywhere else to get the rear outer tie rod ends?

·
Memento Mori
7,491 Posts
Try ULTRA-POWER ES2945.

Or if the ones you got have the same dimensions as the old ones you could drill and tap them to M14x1.5

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, I'm checking into the Ultra-Powers, I found some in Germany but the shipping is $60 and I'm not quite that desperate yet, so I'm going to keep looking. As for now I just packed a bunch of new grease in and made sleeves out of part of a radiator hose, and now I just pray that they stay together until I get new ones.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm afraid that I'd screw them up and then be out of the money but I'll definitely hold off on returning them until I check with the machine shop to see how much they would charge.
Thanks for the idea guys, I'll let you know what happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts