Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running or has had Emanage on a boosted H22? I'm pretty much ready to install but I'm having a hard time finding a base map...anyone have any idea's? I'll be running a t3/t4 .63 a/r @ 6 psi (max, stock internals, I know all about the ringlands, thanks)...I was thinking about ditching the Blue Emanage and going for the Ultimate so I can use the target A/F ratio feature if I can't find a good base map...any help would be great! Thanks in advance!

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
it sounds like you are fishing for a base map ... for those of us who have had our cars tuned and dynoed our maps are worth the exact cost of the tune.
Considering a tune can run as much as 1K-1200, people dont give away their maps. On the AEM forum there are posts looking for "base maps" with no answers. People SELL their maps.

With that being said, if that is not your intention, the box software comes with base maps for select cars. Im not sure if the prelude is in there. If not, you just need to buy one or pay to have it tuned. Thats what we all had to do.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well a friend of mine has one for his boosted GSR he said we could load and see what it looks like, I just really don't want to load something like that and it be completely wrong considering its a completely different motor...I plan on a lot of dyno time, just want something safe so I dont run to lean the first run on the dyno and blow a cylinder out or something...I'll keep looking though...thanks

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
E-manage SUCKS.... any version. i hate it.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
you're looking for a basemap obviously. but what is the purpose of the basemap? are you planning on driving the car to the dyno?

doesnt matter how lean the car runs on the dyno, cuz the tuner will be there to prevent that from happening. you can bring the car to a dyno on a trailor with no basemap at all and the tuner will be able to tune the car perfectly from scratch if he is a halfway decent tuner.

if you plan on trailoring the car to the dyno, dont worry about a basemap, just put it all together, load it on the trailor, bring it to the dyno, and sit back while they do all the work and charge you by the hour.

if you want a basemap so you can drive it to the dyno, you better have a wideband o2 setup so you can monitor the a/f ratios on the way. as for where to get such a basemap, the guy above that said people sell their maps, is full of crap lol. people dont sell basemaps, hell, people dont even sell tuned maps. cant sell a tuned map, even if everything is identical, cuz no car is 100% identical and works best on the same map as another car, just doesnt happen.

i dont know emanage very well, so i cant help you on where to find a basemap for it, but at least specify if you want the basemap to be able to drive to the dryno, or if you will be trailoring it.

·
Registered
601 Posts
^^ Do you seriously think people dont sell their maps. If so, then you obviously have never been on the AEM EMS forum where all sorts of maps are sold.
I never said they sell BASEmaps. I, along with many, many others sell their TUNED maps. Why would you give away a map that may have cost the driver upwards of 1K. I have paid 850 a day for John Reed + a plane ticket for him + dyno rental. Im not giving that away.
Every car is different yes, but when you have a map tuned by the best there is not much that needs to be adjusted. Do you think Honda puts different tunes on the cars they sell on the west coast v. cars they sell on the east just because of weather conditions?? No. They mass produce ECU's all with the same tune. They just have 5000 hours plus of tuning and dyno time into them.
If you have a good tune to begin with you can adapt it to your car very quickly.
Remember power is not difficult to tune ... drivability is. You can hit 500 WHP in less than an hour but drivability takes a full day or more to get right just driving around town, using every gear and going from 1%-100% throttle.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Emanage...not ultimate....I just need something that can get me to the dyno...its about 35 miles away....about 30 of it highway...
I just need something safe to get me there...thats all i need

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
H_Double_Deuce_VTEC said:
Anyone running or has had Emanage on a boosted H22? I'm pretty much ready to install but I'm having a hard time finding a base map...anyone have any idea's? I'll be running a t3/t4 .63 a/r @ 6 psi (max, stock internals, I know all about the ringlands, thanks)...I was thinking about ditching the Blue Emanage and going for the Ultimate so I can use the target A/F ratio feature if I can't find a good base map...any help would be great! Thanks in advance!
Get the ultimate. blue box is a big no no... Also about getting to the dyno.... you can drive without hitting boost right?:jehon:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Dont drive it if its not tuned. Have it towed.
Dont run blue box. I was on blue box when I first boosted and was running the Greddy kit. I pinged everyday. Its untunable and lame.

Emanage is nice but ultimate is much, much, MUCH better.
I actually like ultimate better than the hondata systems.

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
Keahistight said:
Dont run blue box. I was on blue box when I first boosted and was running the Greddy kit. I pinged everyday. Its untunable and lame.

damn right!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah I'm leaning toward getting the ultimate and selling the blue emanage (not just the pre-tuned blue box if thats what some of you were thinking)

The target a/f ratio feature sounds like its probably worth the extra right there....

·
Registered
378 Posts
Keahistight said:

blue box?.I also have the Greddy Kit..you mean the Profec B-Spec2? did the kit came with some kind of EMS? my ECU tells me that Im running TOO rich, knock sensor is faulty etc,5 codes in total...as soon as I sell my 3rd gen I will get the Emanage Ultimate...install it and have it tuned on a dyno for $250 or so....my friend also recommended the Emanage over the Hondata S300? but said that both can most likely do good and that I should get my hands on a wideband O2 sensor..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts