Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys, so as some of you know
my lude has a very fugly non-electric antenna, and i want to put in an electric on
does anyone know where i can get on?? id go to the nearest junkyard, and will as soon as theres a lude in one in my city, but would honda carry them?
but the most important guestion, would i have to wire the antenna to make it an electric one? or would there be wires already? like would i have to run the wires through the car myslef?
if anyone has ever done this i would appreciate all the help i can get
thanks

·
Registered
688 Posts
you can get them at circuit city and wires might be ran already. i thought preludes came with power antennas stock. mine had an oem honda antenna in it before it crapped out on me then i replaced it with a power antenna now i have small window mounted amplified antennas. you can get those at CC as well. just ask to see what antennas they can special order. there's quite a few

as for wiring you need a constant power wire, a power antenna wire<blue on most aftermarket radios> and a ground source. then just run the antenna to the radio or closest connector and you're finished

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks alot vtecfree
as far as stock electric antenna's, im not sure, but i think the non-power antenna's were only on sr's (canada) models, or maybe the previous owner of my lude hated the motored antenna and replaces it with a disgustingly ugly one?
but i think im gunna find a way to take the antenna off this weekend, and if i see that it is already wired up, ill head over to cc and see if they have a nice oem looking antenna

·
Registered
688 Posts
i still have mine in my car if you want it
it's like 100 bucks for the full power antenna.
i'll sell you mine for 50.
pm me if interested

1 - 7 of 7 Posts