Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Preludepower Member
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, i dont know all too much about those Civics.
I am thinking of getting one as an additional project car/city car.
My cousin had one when i was like 12.
A white DX hatch.
Im not looking into racing it and shiet. :devil:

I just love how it looks, clean...not like the EG bubble...IMO anyways

Any you guys know more about this car and it's mild posibilities? what tranny do i use with the b16a to make work in an EF Civic?

I used to own a 98 Civic Coupe, so i still have a lil place for the Civic...albeit, very little lol!

I am searching on other boards, but if anyone else knows any good info, please post it here...

I would be looking for a Si version solely for it's tachometer and rear disc brakes(correct me if im wrong)...

Here is Asia.Vtec.net's page on the EF Sir ---old school----

·
::Decepticon make-over::
661 Posts
STFUC

admit it, you see a 4th gen now you want a litte something something...
personally, get a b17c setup (engine and trasmission) and leave it alone... besides music and crap....

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
WTH is a b17? Go to bed...

But personally...I would get one like mine....400 miles to the tank...clean looking, and still does 0-60 in 8 seconds for a 1.6 SOHC.

I like the EF's...but not as much as the EK's. I fell in love with mine...and they started pulling aftermarket support for the EF's.

·
Preludepower Member
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
B17 is the motor in the DA Tegs...the GSR version that is...
1.7 DOHC vtec...

it's almost the same as the b16a, what, 10 more HP? too hard to find anyways...uses same tranny if im not mistaken...

I had a EJ Civic J-Butter(1998 coupe), they dont impress me at all. They are overdone, but that is some other topic...

And Chris. Die.:devil:

·
661 Posts
butterthegreat said:
WTH is a b17? Go to bed...

But personally...I would get one like mine....400 miles to the tank...clean looking, and still does 0-60 in 8 seconds for a 1.6 SOHC.

I like the EF's...but not as much as the EK's. I fell in love with mine...and they started pulling aftermarket support for the EF's.
The stoopid limited integra type r... like 1500 made or some shiet....

Then he could claim that it's a dodge... J/K Really, he could always just frankenswap a b20 with a b18 head then put all the boltons for a real puller... Siknezzz...

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
butterthegreat said:
and they started pulling aftermarket support for the EF's.
And the 3g prelude is different? :D

I like the EF's. Almost bought one before the prelude. Expensive around here, though :( Fucking wannabe racers inflating the resale value of anything with an h-badge on it.

The awesome gas mileage would be great, though.

Dunno if the Si's came with rear disc brakes. Maybe the later couple of years. I'm pretty sure the entire integra rear suspension w/ disc brakes pops right on, though. I saw an ad for a shop somewhere in so-cal that installs them for like $400 parts and labor.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
You guys are smoking...there was a b18c on the teggy TR. Not a b17...you gotta show me that.

·
661 Posts
My bad, it is a gsr, but it was the best of both motors, pretty good for boosting. amd took both bolt ons of the b16 and the b18... if I can remember where I saw the bolt on turbo... it was stock application for 290hpand 260 torque... Gotta look around.

·
Future S2000 Owner
4,419 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the 89-91 Si has rear drums actually. I started auto-cross last season and these little hatchbacks absolutely dominate the STS class. They're unbeatable. In our last race the top 5 or 6 spots in STS were held by these cars. I know you said that you don't wanna race it but it'd be a sweet project car anyway. Check out the link below. It's a pretty fucking sweet EF setup perfectly for auto-x. Not a bad price either IMO.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=199409779&dealer_id=57683631&car_year=1991&search_type=used&make=HONDA&transmission=&distance=0&model=CIVIC&address=80128&make2=sel_one&certified=&advanced=y&max_mileage=&max_price=&bkms=1146161850931&min_price=&end_year=1991&color=&start_year=1989&drive=&isp=y&engine=&body_style=HATCH&doors=&fuel=&lang=en&cardist=1715

·
Preludepower Member
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Not bad...that's a ZC motor right? d16a6...not too sure.

Si version(like all Si's) also it says power sunroof, but no power dower locks or windows...only the EX sedan version had that...?

On edmunds it says power brakes...:evil smile: ?

To clarify and end this b17 nonsense.

J-Butter:

That is a 93 GSR. Not many around.

Swideswipe:
Forget that nonsense!!

I want to find out what this b16a is all about, not just by reading or hearing about it...

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
the b17 is a jdm motor with 170hp and 117 lbs of torque. basically a stroner b16 weaker 18 lol. didn't the gsr have like a c1 and the type r have a c5? and my friend has like an 86 hatch and stick a 97 lx engine and bolted it on his stock tranny (he was to lazy to switch the tranny from cable to manny, but it ultimately effected the engines true performance. VTEC trannies were made for VTEC engines, don't let anybody tell u different lol.

EDIT***there is also a jdm 1.5 SOHC VTEC civic engine too.

·
Preludepower Member
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I guess the b17 breathes a lot better to get 10 more HP out of a 1.7L(not even) motor.

Yeah, so which tranny works well in an EF Civic using Sir/Sir2 b16a?

·
Registered
472 Posts
I like the Electronic Focus Civic as well. There was an 89 dx 4-speed I almost bought that got like 38+ mpg. Would have been a great econo-beater. nyways check out this forum:

clickme

.. also check out AF & goto 88-91 CRX/Civic. they have tons of info on the b16

www.automotiveforums.com

·
Premium Member
16,906 Posts
I haven't read much but there is no B17C it's actually a B17A and it was a GSR engine... with little mods to it and a balanced bottom end those things can rev to the heavens.....

If you want Vtec just get the B16 with a YS1 tranny (Xsi tranny right?)

if you don't car about VTEC then get the simple dual cam ZC and the single cam Si tranny.... they pull freaking hard... I had one in my old CRX..... man it was sick.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Preludepower Member
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Team123, i was waiting for you to post...

Ys1 i think that was found in the EF9 and EF8? CRX...
Those trannys had good 1-2-3 ratios, 4th and 5th is basura...IMO anyways...

:)

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
butterthegreat said:
You guys are smoking...there was a b18c on the teggy TR. Not a b17...you gotta show me that.

run and hide your face butters, NOW!!!!

·
Premium Member
16,906 Posts
valenburg said:
the b17 is a jdm motor with 170hp and 117 lbs of torque. basically a stroner b16 weaker 18 lol. didn't the gsr have like a c1 and the type r have a c5? and my friend has like an 86 hatch and stick a 97 lx engine and bolted it on his stock tranny (he was to lazy to switch the tranny from cable to manny, but it ultimately effected the engines true performance. VTEC trannies were made for VTEC engines, don't let anybody tell u different lol.

EDIT***there is also a jdm 1.5 SOHC VTEC civic engine too.

Wow you are totally wrong... The only VTEC DA in japan was a Xsi which had a B16 engine in it. The B17A was only made for the UNITED STATES as opposed to the the gutless B16. Remember in the time when the B16 came out us americans were scared of 4 cylinder engines due to crappy american engines. If they had came out with the 160hp 110tq B16 no american would have really bout it..... so they squared out the B16 I due believe it has a longer stroke which gave it more hp and more tq figures.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 41 Posts