Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
instead of converting from obd0 to obd1 on 3rd gens, could we use a chippable obd0 ecu like a pm6 and chip that with turboedit?

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
Any obd0 honda ecu will plug in, so i'd say yeah.

The best obd0 thing out there is the Zdyne gold secu, which i understand from a friend of mine is down to $600 or so now.

Still out of my price range though.

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
The Zdyne has some things that chrome doesn't, like tune on the fly with a laptop, thats something that i really love about MS that chrome and all the other chipped ecu's don't seem to have.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Bobnova said:
Any obd0 honda ecu will plug in, so i'd say yeah.
No, ours wont work with any obd0. Don't forget our setup is a obd0 hybred. That's why we don't have any issuse with upgrading to obd1. So, civic obd0 ecu's are a no go.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
crome has live tuning and emulation.. what are you talking about bob?

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
Last time i looked at it i didn't see any tune on the fly capabilities, i haven't inspected it closely though, so if i'm wrong i apologize for the false info.

Do you wire a serial port into the ecu case or something?

Ditto for the OBD0 ecu's
I know that integra obd0's will plug in and run, i looked at a obd0 crx ecu pinout to wire my megasquirt harness, and it had the exact same pinout and the same plug shapes.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Bobnova said:
Last time i looked at it i didn't see any tune on the fly capabilities, i haven't inspected it closely though, so if i'm wrong i apologize for the false info.

Do you wire a serial port into the ecu case or something?

Ditto for the OBD0 ecu's
I know that integra obd0's will plug in and run, i looked at a obd0 crx ecu pinout to wire my megasquirt harness, and it had the exact same pinout and the same plug shapes.
Its not an issue of pinouts, the dizzys are different. That's why you don't here nobody's switch to obd0 civic ecu's. Yes, it will fire up and run like crap. As for crome you gotta pay for the live tunning function last I heard.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
yep.. you gotta pay for the pro version which has dataloggin, live tuning, auto tune .... etc. but its well worth the money.

and yes..

our engines use a hybrid dist.. wich is OBD1... sooooooooo as far as running a different OBD0 ECU in our cars is concerned... NOT remmomended..

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
rudeludenotmeanthough said:
yep.. you gotta pay for the pro version which has dataloggin, live tuning, auto tune .... etc. but its well worth the money.

and yes..

our engines use a hybrid dist.. wich is OBD1... sooooooooo as far as running a different OBD0 ECU in our cars is concerned... NOT remmomended..
Pro ver- $150?
ecu - free-$60
harness $10-$100
chipping $10-$25
data logging $10-$30

In the end its up to you.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Tuff Tuffy7 said:
my obd0-1 conversion harness cost me $149. just thought i'd share that. but you can always do it yourself for free!
I built mine myself it cost about $15 total. Its just a matter of finding parts. The only thing is the obd0-1 coversion diagrams can be confusing at first. There no pics showing whats going one. So the first time I fried my ecu by miswireing. The ic chips that got fried are hard to come by so, I had to canbilize an obd1 accord ecu.

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
So rewire the dist, the sensors themselves are, as far as i can tell, exactly the same. Same type of sensors (VR), same number of points on the trigger wheels, same names.
obd0 integra dists work if you rearange the pins in the connectors, i see no reason the pins couldn't be rearanged to obd0 normal.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Bobnova said:
So rewire the dist, the sensors themselves are, as far as i can tell, exactly the same. Same type of sensors (VR), same number of points on the trigger wheels, same names.
obd0 integra dists work if you rearange the pins in the connectors, i see no reason the pins couldn't be rearanged to obd0 normal.
Don't know,all I rember is that we had more teeth in the sprocket. Whats the point of making our setup work with obd0 civic/teg? Odd0 has less suport.

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
Interesting, i'll have to look into that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts