Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Ouch! Getting any ECU is going to require reprogramming the whole key thing tow make it work... At this point, i'd go OBD1 to bypass that buuuut thats beyond my knowledge :p

But if you must, get the same year ECU you have. You should be able to find one for <~$70 + Honda programming which i've heard requires the red key and $100's..

·
Registered
3 Posts
danizzlefurshizzle21

Ouch! Getting any ECU is going to require reprogramming the whole key thing tow make it work... At this point, i'd go OBD1 to bypass that buuuut thats beyond my knowledge :p

But if you must, get the same year ECU you have. You should be able to find one for <~$70 + Honda programming which i've heard requires the red key and $100's..
so what is the red key and how do you get one???

·
12,918 Posts
Well then, I guess he's... FUCKED! Boo ya! Bow wowowow yippee yo yippee yay.

You could always take a black key and paint it red though.

Actually there's not much he can do other than go to OBDI or get a new immobilizer which will be several hundred dollars.. many hundred i mean.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Well then, I guess he's... FUCKED! Boo ya! Bow wowowow yippee yo yippee yay.

You could always take a black key and paint it red though.

Actually there's not much he can do other than go to OBDI or get a new immobilizer which will be several hundred dollars.. many hundred i mean.
or just swap out the immonilizer boards problem solved! or delete it all together with Doctronic's Mobilizer A0 board...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts