Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i have a b21a1 automatic. my block busted i am rebuilding a b20a5 and doing a 5 speedswap. i am going to have the b20a5 block and head. b20a5 intake cam and b21a1 exhaust cam. b21a1 pistons. b20a5 crank and connecting rods.

First can i use my old Ecu for my b21a1?

Second Can i use the b20a5 intake cam and the b21a1 exhaust cam?

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I believe your going to have to bore out the block to fit B21 pistons.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes to all of your questions. but why not get some oem h23 rods? :)

because that will cost extra and im not putting any forced induction or Nitrous on it so it really shouldnt matter besides the fact that they wont be as strong

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
because that will cost extra and im not putting any forced induction or Nitrous on it so it really shouldnt matter besides the fact that they wont be as strong
huh? what are you talking about? wont be as strong? lol, they're like twice as strong as b20/b21 rods.

but yeah, if you're not going for a lot of power, stock rods will be fine

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
huh? what are you talking about? wont be as strong? lol, they're like twice as strong as b20/b21 rods.

but yeah, if you're not going for a lot of power, stock rods will be fine

yeah i said the h23 rods were stronger
and theres not a whole lot of things u can do to gain power while remaining naturally aspirated.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
b21 pistons are also 2mm larger, so you get an additional 0.1L of displacement

and cory, if done properly theres a lot of things that can be done to make a lot more power n/a.
heck, im already over 150whp, and im running lower than stock compression, stock cams, stock cam gears, stock intake manifold, stock exhaust manifold, stock TB, b21 pistons, h23 rods, stock flywheel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts