Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Junk, junk, junk. Did i mention this thing is junk? Dont even waste your time or money. Leave it stock.

1.) The fit is kinda shitty.

Not too bad, but definitely not an OEM fit

2.) It isnt really stainless steel.

Just stainless coated. Just took mine off and i noticed the coating peeling off and rust. So, after a while, it doesnt even look good anymore.

3.) The runners are smaller than stock.

Yes i measured them. The initial 4 primary tubes are lightly larger than stock. But the primary tubes when they merge to 2 are actually smaller piping than stock.

4.) They are made shitty.

About 6 weeks ago, i noticed a badass leak. Went to check it out, and the gaskets and bolts were fine. And i realized it was leaking from the flex pipe. I also noticed that the car was running ALOT slower. It went from consistent 15.2s to consistent 15.6s and dropped 2 mph. But i thought it was just in my head. I figured id leave it alone until i got a new header, but i cant afford one, and the rattle and leak was pissing me off to no end. So i caved today and swapped it out for my stock one, and holy hell. When i took the damn thing off, the flex pipe was IMPLODED, COMPLETELY BLOCKING the header pipe. The flow was restricted by almost 100% I honestly have no idea how the car was running.

No, i didnt tamper with this header at all, this is how it looked when i took it off. and its worse than it looks in the picture s well. regardless, imagine what this does to your horsepower

Basically, heed my advice and dont waste your time, money, and energy on an ebay header.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no wonder she was running slow. she was hitting 15.5 on 2.2 60 foot times, i shoulda known something was up

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
what company is that one? I was thinking of getting a cheapo header off ebay just to clean up my engine bay since I'm not really too worried about perforrmance. I know fitment isn't the greatest, but I've never seen something like this happen before. I was thinking of just getting a Megan header

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this header (like most on ebay) had no name.

If you buy one off ebay, do like josh said, at least go for a megan racing. Still cheap, but most likely alot better quality than one like this

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I bought a no-name (temporary until boost) and it fit great for me. I measured everywhere and it was bigger than the OEM. I guess I was lucky lol.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought a no-name (temporary until boost) and it fit great for me. I measured everywhere and it was bigger than the OEM. I guess I was lucky lol.

they must not be very consistent with their headers. just like evrything off ebay, they are probably hit or miss

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yea these headers are crap i think 5spd is right about the smaller ypipe, when i put the new headers on i noticed decrease in hp and mpg so it has to be a restriction somewhere. i put the stock headers back on after 1day

·
Registered
103 Posts
hmmmm, maybe i need a new 02 sensor..mine is covered up in carbon build up and isn't gray like yours. :[

i have an ebay header too..it's holding up fine so far.
i do wish i had a stock header though.

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
+1 to all this. ebay headers are shit.

the only reason i bought one is because my stock setup had a HUGE hole in the flexpipe.

when i got my egay header/downpipe, it ended up being 5" too short. for crying out facking loud. since then it's been nothing but problems and full of leaks.

·
Registered
209 Posts
What about RDI. They any good??? Theirs gotta be something better than stock for under 150-200 bucks(retail price).

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I have a megan header. I do not like it. It has a dumb bracket that has broke on me twice now. I can not wait for the Hytech header I ordered to come in.

·
Registered
51 Posts
OK....... I was just about to by a header downpipe combo off ebay. The two that I have been looking at were RDI and SurewinProducts, anyone have any luck with these brands????

The RDI set claims to be made from t304 stainless steel, and have a guarentee-at least to fit-........

Any help/suggestions/prior experience would really help me out.
Thanks guys

·
I lub Denny one tiem
2,272 Posts
shit that looks bad lol. i had a no name when i had a h23. had no problems other then i had a leak cause i hit the downpipe hard on a bad road but that would happen to any header downpipe

1 - 20 of 21 Posts