Honda Prelude Forum banner

eBay Floor Mats

7K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  cudaboy 
#1 ·
I purchased these floor mats from the eBay seller automatstore, according to them they’re made by a company called Avery. I opted to upgrade to the touring version for $20.00 extra which include thicker carpet material. They were delivered the mats in a plastic bag which unfortunately came with a tear but luckily nothing was spilled on the mats. The mats come with a strong new carpet smell so I recommend you let them air out overnight. They’re very plush and for the price of $85.00 that I paid all together including upgrade I think they’re a good deal compared to the almost $200.00 you pay for OEM mats. As advertised they do reach up to Thomas Jefferson’s neck but unfortunately the coin won’t stand on its own like in the picture. After 14 years my stock OEM mats have zero plushness to them. The size the mats is about a quarter to a half inch off with the OEM’s being larger. The rubber spikes on the bottoms of the OEM mats are much pointer and longer than the automatstore mats. Compared to aftermarket one size fits all floor mats you’d find at your local AutoZone or Pep Boys the automatsore’s rubber spikes are much longer but have a similar point to them. The edging on the mats aren’t as good as the OEM mats but I feel they would be sufficient for their use. In conclusion I feel the price, quality, and fact that they fit almost on par with OEM mats won me over and I would recommend others get these if they’re looking for a set of mats that won’t break the bank.

To see the eBay ad click here.

See less See more
#8 ·
Have a set of 4th gen dark blue factory floor mats in very nice condition, even the driver's mat. $30 plus shipping if anyone's interested. The car also came with 2 (l&r) other factory Prelude rear floor mats though they're larger and they're a lighter shade of blue also very good condition. I suspect from an '86 Prelude because marked "86" on the back. The complete set are marked "92" and "93". For an extra $5 they're included. From my low mileage (82k) '93si parts car. Which one of these days I'll start parting out.

#10 · (Edited)
I have lloyd's plush mats and they aren't that much more expensive then these and so much better quality! I would recommend them to anyone. I also have intertech hexomats for winter water trapping to save the carpet and make my lloyds mats last longer not using them in the winter. I think I bought both from autoanything.com and that site usually has some form of discount coupon code around any major holiday.

I think I still have pics of the lloyd's mats in 3rd gen section F.A.Q. at the bottom of the list in aftermarket stuff. If it is not in there then there should be a link to the thread that has the pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.