Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a new bumper and I've been shopping around. I have looked at the f/s section on this site and importatlanta.com which is my local car forum and there weren't any available that were suitable for shipping or conditions. so last resort before i go online to majestic honda and order it with oversized shipping i was wondering if anybody had any experience with the bumpers for sale on ebay.

i know how people bash stuff on ebay but i want to be sure if i need to go to majestic honda and order it from there when i can save some money on ebay.

my main concern is whether anybody has ever gotten an ebay bumper and it didnt fit or what not. tell me your stories

·
Registered
79 Posts
A friend compared majestic to the dealership on some parts.He said after shipping it comes out to almost the same price.I would try v.i.s.Or you could always use google or craigslist.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i ordered a bumper from majestic and it came out to be around 190 with shipping but they canceled the order saying it was an oversize. so im just looking for more options before i call them directly on monday. according to the majestic website it says the bumper is originally about 270 which i find to be very close to the true price from dealerships in my past experience. i dont know how much they are gonna bump the price up from 190 for oversized shipping but im hoping its less then 270 when i call them on monday.

·
_
2,494 Posts
i got an ebay 'rear oem lip'. it's not a bumper, but it did fit perfectly, just needed paint, and a tiny bit of sanding.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lawl i just went to the dealership and haggled with them, saying i could get the same genuine bumper for 170 without telling them hondaautomotiveparts.com wouldn't ship it to me. got a new bumper next day for 199.99 instead of 280.

i know its the asian in me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts