Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to Preludes all together.
I received my 3rd gen as a gift from a family friend.
A 1991 Prelude Si
Blown B21a1 very generously included. :skull:
Immediately had it replaced with another cheap high mileage (173K) B21a1 at local-Foreign-specialty shop to get things rolling.
The interior is now spotless and fresh paint is soon to come.

I plan on small mods like lazy-eye conversion, Integra or accord lip kit, hood and deck lid/OEM spoiler swap while money is tight through college.
I have all intentions of keeping the car for many years to eventually DIY non-B series swap.
Hopefully after she lives to see 200K+ on the present B21a1.

In the fall of 2009 I plan on moving from my home in Northern Virginia to attend the University Of Northwestern Ohio.

I look forwarding to using Preludepower.com and making new contacts.
It's good to see that there are some humble, civil members amongst the assholes. The site sure does change after 10 posts.

P.S. > I do photoshop

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
Welcome to the site, your going to love that car! Watch out for burning oil on that B21, your better off doing the JDM B20a swap similar BHP and better reliability.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the site, your going to love that car! Watch out for burning oil on that B21, your better off doing the JDM B20a swap similar BHP and better reliability.
Thank you. I'll be sure to keep and eye on the oil problem. I don't plan on trashing it with red line shifts and full throttle acceleration.

Specifically I plan on the H22 swap. Not so much for the increase in horsepower, just looking for a more reliable non B series. An engine that I can more easily find parts for.

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
well in that case the B20a would be your best bet, parts are easily available, but the H22 swap has been done enough to have pleanty of info and write ups on here just check out some of the stickys in the 3g forum.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well in that case the B20a would be your best bet, parts are easily available, but the H22 swap has been done enough to have pleanty of info and write ups on here just check out some of the stickys in the 3g forum.
Certainly will. Thanks for the advice. How easy would you say it is to track down performance parts for a B20?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts