Honda Prelude Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every morning since winter hit, my e brake light stays on when I put the e brake down. It goes away after about 5mins of driving. I've check my brake fluid and everythings good. Does anyone else have this problem? Help me out its starting to bug the hell out of me. Some days it'll go away then come back on when I brake. On day it came on when I was going 60 on the highway. I thought my car was gonna come to a complete stop lol.
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
175 Posts
Usually that light is to let you know either your e brake is on or you are low on fluid, since your e brake isnt on and you have fluid and it turns off after awhile that leads me to believe it is that sensor in the brake master resevoir that is hooked to the float.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Your light is staying on cuz your low on brake fluid. Top off your brake fluid and it will go off when you put it down in the cold. Its happen to me before.Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
2,179 Posts

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
I think this is a common thing, cause this happens to me every time it gets real cold outside. It's nothing to worry about

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool, I didn't have time to search it this morning. Its hard to do a search when ur on a blackberry trying to get to work in traffic lol. Thanks for the input tho.
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
The float on the Master cylinder cap gets stuck. Sometimes just moving it up and down will do the trick. It happened to me once, and all I did was take the cap off, move the float, and put the cap back on. Hasn't happened again since.

·
Banned
5,085 Posts
Go the the resource sticky and look at the very FIRST thing posted in it.

Nuff said right there.

Mike (H4L)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.